so i had an allergy test... (lactose, nuts advice plz!)

Options
nibbynoo
nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
hey guys,
I want your opinion, I had an allergy test and it turns out im not only very allergic to penicillin but intolerant of berries, dairy, nuts and dried fruit.
I'm going to cut it all out for a while and see how i do, any advice/handy products you guys know of i can swap stuff for?!

really gutted about cheese and pesto!

Thanks!

Replies

• ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    www.ohsheglows.com is a vegan website but it has a lot of recipes that exclude the things you are allergic to. And the recipes taste amazing.

Can you have soy milk?
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    It's quite common to crave the things you're allergic to. If you give them up completely, it will be hard at first but your body should adjust and you'll end up feeling a lot better without them and maybe get to a point where you don't miss them any more.

Focus on the foods you're not allergic to, and for cheese there are all kinds of vegan dairy products, they taste like the real thing too, although vegan hard cheeses is not quite the same. I used to be allergic to dairy when I lived in the UK. After I moved to Saudi the allergy vanished. I'm really not sure what that implies about British dairy cows but there you go! My daughter also grew out of her dairy allergy when we moved too.... go figure...
  • tanytan
    tanytan Posts: 4
    Options
    i dont do dairy for acne reasons, for milk sub i like almond milk, coconut milk, and almond+coconut milk from almond breeze(its the best). theres soy cheese out there. good luck!
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! it's weird, i'd started switching to soy products just to see how it would affect me and was feeling better. this explains it!!