Body Bugg or GoFitWear

Options
Anyone using these things? I am thinking about getting one of them. Any advice??

Replies

• Jessy1002
    Jessy1002 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i do not personally own one but i know a few people who have had a lot of success using the BodyBugg. It gives a pretty accurate readout of the calories you eat and burn. I would definitely suggest it.
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    I just received my Body Bugg late Thursday afternoon -- and I'm lovin' it so far!!! The online system is awesome for tracking calories in and out --- daily deficit -- telling you what you need to do to meet your individual goals, etc. And, it's comfortable -- can't even tell I have it on my arm and I've been wearing it 24/7 (with the exception of showers). Also ....it's easier to figure out how to work it than I thought it would be. I don't know anything about the GoFit.....but I am lovin' my body bugg! :bigsmile:
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I looked up some research on the GoFitWear and the consensus was that it might be a motivational tool, but it was not that accurate.

The Body Bugg is different. They use accelerometers, like the GoFitWear, but they also look at several other things to lower the potential error factor. Some of the research I saw is so heavy into the engineering and software that I am not qualified to evaluate it.

So, on the one hand, there seems to be some serious research behind it. On the other, I did find one other site where someone did a "one person" evaluation comparing the several devices. The numbers this person reported for their workouts seemed rather low, but they did not provide any precise data (e.g. weight, actual workloads, etc) so it was difficult to evaluate objectively.

I don't have enough information to give a thumbs up to the Body Bugg, but I am definitely not giving it a thumbs down either.