Absolutley gutted :(

13»

Replies

• Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    You can roast a whole chicken... it roasts itself, just lob it in the oven it needs nothing doing to it... use the 2 breasts for one meal, the 2 legs for another meal, the rest boil up and lob some veg in and you have chicken & vegetable soup hey presto.

Instant mash is full of empty calories and additives. Does it really take that long to boil some spuds and mash them?

The thing is the more sweet carbs you eat as a staple (like meringue nests) the hungrier you'll get and the less able you'll be to realistically sustain any of this. Plus your energy levels will be all over the shop. Honestly, you'll do yourself a favour.

The time it takes to chop a carrot is the same time it takes to open a pack of oreos, plus you're setting a good example for your kids to observe and learn from.
  • Kara_xxx
    And something like 90% of UK foods are in the database, not in cups but in standard grams. Just weigh your produce or look at the packet for weight.

Most stuff like carrots are generic and you can even enter them by volume e.g. "2 carrots medium size" etc.
  • consumone
    consumone Posts: 139 Member
    are you eating all your calories? If not that is your problem, the body is eating your muscle and not your fat. YOU MUST eat all your calories and at least half of your exercise calories or you will stay the same. SO EAT UP and start taking the weight off!
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    I would suggest you track your measurements. Sometimes you won't see it on the scale but, a tape measure will show an entirely different story. I had two occasions where the scale didn't budge for two weeks at a time; however, during those times I tracked my measurements at the end of it all I looked at the scale and yelled: "Liar, liar, pants on fire!!" The tape measure showed I had lost inches all over. Therefore, I was still making progress.

I haven't been taking measurements but maybe that would be a good way to see loss other than on the scales....where do you measure?

x

I agree with this ^^ - definitely start measuring, it's great to be able to see changes in your body when you're discouraged because of those evil scales! I'm measuring neck, chest (not including boobs - they seem to have a mind of their own when im losing weight!), waist, hips and thighs - basically anywhere you'd like to see a change.
    I do eat a lot of fresh veg although not fruits but because a lot of the measurements on here are in cups and I'm from the uk where we don't use that measurment I was unsure how to count them

Im from the UK too, and if you search through a couple of the options that come up you will find some entries for fruit and veg that say, for example, "1 large strawberry 2" diameter"...they are in there somewhere and definitely help me with measuring food - I have NO clue what '1 cup' is!!

If you're having trouble finding time to plan/create meals, maybe try making a big pot of something, like a bolognese or chicken stew, on an evening when you may have a little more time, and make extra portions that you can put in individual tubs and freeze - that way you get a 'microwave dinner', but home made!
  • Please don't patronise me by bringing my children into this. I cook healthily for them and for my husband and I later in the evening, if you read my food diary properly you would see that I include fresh chicken in almost every meal. The nights when I've had something quick are the nights I've eaten early because I'm going swimming or running.

Maybe a merainge (sp?!) is bad but I have half of one and half an oreo crushed up in 100g of fat free probiotic unflavoured yoghurt in the evening after my meal as a treat, its something I look forward to through the day!

And yes, it does take too long to boil potatoes when you have 20 minutes in which to prepare and eat your lunch!

My days are:
    8:30am 2 mile round walk to school to drop off my eldest
    10am 2 mile round walk to take my 3 year olds to nursery
    11:30am music/toddler group and food shopping/errands
    12:30pm home, feed baby, housework then a quick 20 minute sit down to eat my lunch
    1:45pm walk to the nursery to pick up children
    2:30 walk to the school to pick up my eldest
    4pm home (it takes a loooong time to walk home with two tired toddlers!)
    5pm prepare childrens dinner
    6pm-7pm bath, bedtime
    7pm cook our dinner
    8/9pm exercise

so yes, it does take too long!
  • Kara_xxx
    Nobody is being patronising. It's a simple statement of fact that kids learn by observation.

So if you're cooking healthy and nutritious meals for your husband and children, all made from fresh chicken and vegetables, then why are you eating so differently?

Are you honestly saying that you have no time to take responsibility for your health? Stop making excuses and start looking after yourself like you say you look after the rest of your family.
  • I dont think u r really ready for this journey yet. I hear excuses. Everyone has kids in school, shopping, housework, spouses to cook for, exercise to do, etc. There is nothing remarkable about your life. We all have obstacles. You need to do some serious thinking, gain some insight and stop the excuses.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    In relation to eating the below 1200 cals a day I think in trying to lose weight I've become afraid of food. Eating 8 or 900 cals a day feels like an achievement and I'm scared of eating in case I put on weight. I have a bit of an obsessive personality and I easily get hooked on things, I can't do things by halves its all or nothing which I think is why I've become to think eating below 1000 cals a day is a good thing.

Consider it "nothing".
    Here's why: unless the new habits you are building are sustainable for the rest of your life, the second you reach your goal weight and 'revert' to your original habits - or even just part way back to them - the weight will return, probably with friends.

The winning formula for maintained weight loss is finding the amount of calories that is below your daily energy output BUT is comfortable enough for you to continue eating long term.
  • Merithyn
    Merithyn Posts: 284 Member
    It fluctuates and you are going to have to be patient with yourself. Sometimes I think this whole MFP , trying to get healthy, lose weight thing is more about learning how our bodies respond and react to different foods, exercises etc then it is about anything else. I haven't lost really anything for 4 weeks now and I just have to be patient. It might be time to change things up a bit and get rid of foods in my diet that are possibly hindering me.

Hope you find the answers. Be patient with yourself.

ONE DAY AT A TIME too for goodness sakes! =)

Brilliant, and absolutely true.
  • Merithyn
    Merithyn Posts: 284 Member
    Please don't patronise me by bringing my children into this. I cook healthily for them and for my husband and I later in the evening, if you read my food diary properly you would see that I include fresh chicken in almost every meal. The nights when I've had something quick are the nights I've eaten early because I'm going swimming or running.

Maybe a merainge (sp?!) is bad but I have half of one and half an oreo crushed up in 100g of fat free probiotic unflavoured yoghurt in the evening after my meal as a treat, its something I look forward to through the day!

And yes, it does take too long to boil potatoes when you have 20 minutes in which to prepare and eat your lunch!

My days are:
    8:30am 2 mile round walk to school to drop off my eldest
    10am 2 mile round walk to take my 3 year olds to nursery
    11:30am music/toddler group and food shopping/errands
    12:30pm home, feed baby, housework then a quick 20 minute sit down to eat my lunch
    1:45pm walk to the nursery to pick up children
    2:30 walk to the school to pick up my eldest
    4pm home (it takes a loooong time to walk home with two tired toddlers!)
    5pm prepare childrens dinner
    6pm-7pm bath, bedtime
    7pm cook our dinner
    8/9pm exercise

so yes, it does take too long!

Sorry, darling. I had four children in five years (my twins were the eldest), and I made time to boil a potato instead of opening a packet for lunch for myself and my kids. You're also doubling your work by making two evening meals, one for the kids and one for your hubby and yourself.

You're choosing not to make time for yourself in there, which is what most mums do. But if you want to truly be healthy, you're going to have to make different choices. That's up to you, and only you. You've gotten some great advice here, and now it's up to you to decide whether to follow it or not. Regardless, I wish you well.
  • Penny_Wren
    Penny_Wren Posts: 18 Member
    I'm currently seeing an NHS Healthy Eating... person... And she's told me that your body can take upto 2 weeks to log the difference; so if you're really good one week, you'll probably find it takes 2 weeks to show. Don't be disheartened, because you know then that your hard work has really paid off :)
  • I'm on my phone so can't quote but to whoever said I'm not ready and making excuses kindly don't respond unless you have something even remotley supportive to say. That was quite a nasty and unessacary post.

I am ready and I'm not making excuse!! I'm aware there's "nothing remarkable" about my life, I like that im always on the go. I really am trying to lose weight, maybe I'm not going about it in the "right" way but I have and will continue to make changes. I'm doing this for myself and for my family.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    I hear ya!
    We want to lose our excess fast and now!
    I now I do!
    But we have to go with our body's pace....