Diet Soda & Vitamin Water Zero

Options
2»

Replies

• wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to Dt Mt Dew. Everyone says I should ditch it.
    Before joining MFP I was drinking a 12 pack at day. I now have 2 or 3 a day, and about 10 glasses of water.
    I love the vitamin water. Its very good. I am not sure if its bad for you or not.

It's really hard to go cold turkey on something especially if you've been drinking that much. Forget what everyone says. You're weaning yourself off it gradually and considering all the caffeine that it has, it's probably the best way to go. As for the vitamin water. It's water with vitamins in. I see no problem.
    thank you!
  • wilson1134
    wilson1134 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    One other thing to consider...as if we aren't overloaded with info already while losing weight :)....Vitamin Water also contains a good deal of vitamins.

If you take a multi vitamin daily and you drink 2-3 of these, you might be over loading yourself. I have blood work done every 4-6 wks for thyroid issues and they test all kinds of vitamin levels as well. My last test showed that my Vit C and B 12 were 4X the normal range!!

I do not take these 2 supplements--it was from my Vit Water only: I drank 2-3 a day. My Dr. suggested switching to Propel and keep VW at 1 /day. I'm back in normal range now.
  • staceyoldt
    staceyoldt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wondered the same thing about the vitamin water zero. I gave up diet pop at the end of the year and have only had maybe 5 in the past 3 months (compared to 4 or 5 diet coke's/day). I really did it after reading about how bad aspartame/sucralose are for you. Plain water does get a little borring. I like one comment about putting fruit in the water, I have also put fresh mint leaves in a pitcher of water and let it soak and it is very refreshing and easy to grow. I thought giving up diet pop would be harder...but honestly only occasionally do I miss it for the coldness and the carbonation. The other thing I like is the Sobe zero calorie lifewater
  • antdogs
    antdogs Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i tried to get off of vitamin water i will have one once in a blue though. i have been sticking to mainly water. but i used to have like 2 cans of soda a day :/
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    Make your own "vitamin water!"

DSC_0634.jpg

Ingredients

fruit -- 2 cups berries, citrus, melons, pineapple...most fruits will work (see recommended amounts in directions)
    herbs -- a sprig of mint, basil, sage, rosemary, tarragon, thyme, or lavender
    water (tap or filtered)
    ice

Directions
    Supplies needed: 2 quart pitcher or jar with lid; muddler or wooden spoon

General formula for whatever fruit/herb combo you desire.
    1. If using herbs, add a sprig of fresh herbs to jar/pitcher; press and twist with muddler or handle of wooden spoon to bruise leaves and release flavor; don't pulverize the herbs into bits.
    2. Add approx. 2 cups of fruit to jar/pitcher; press and twist with muddler or handle of wooden spoon, just enough to release some of the juices
    3. Fill jar/pitcher with ice cubes.
    4. Add water to top of jar/pitcher.
    5. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.

Suggested flavor combinations:
    ALL CITRUS (no herbs) -- Slice 1 orange, 1 lime, 1 lemon into rounds, then cut the rounds in half. Add to jar and proceed with muddling, add ice & water.
    RASPBERRY LIME (no herbs) -- Quarter 2 limes; with your hands, squeeze the juice into the jar, then throw in the squeezed lime quarters. Add 2 cups raspberries. Muddle, add ice & water.
    PINEAPPLE MINT -- Add a sprig of mint to the jar (you can throw in the whole sprig; or, remove the leaves from the sprig, if you prefer to have the mint swimming around and distributing in the jar). Muddle the mint. Add 2 cups pineapple pieces, muddle, add ice & water.
    BLACKBERRY SAGE -- Add sage sprig to jar and muddle. Add 2 cups blackberries; muddle, add ice & water.
    WATERMELON ROSEMARY -- Add rosemary sprig to jar & muddle. Add 2 cups watermelon cubes; muddle, add ice and water.
  • aleciawaters
    aleciawaters Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a couple of cans of Pepsi a day, but we bought a soda stream. Been using that a lot, Lots of flavors to choose from, less calories but still get your bubbles. Might be a good exchange and saves $ from buying soda.