Calorie Shifting

Options
I've been hearing about this new diet metheod called "calorie shifting" , where you do 1200 calories one day and then 1400 calories the next to confuse the body. Can anyone give me some more information on it and if you have done it what did you think of it.
Once I get all the info on it I'm glad to be the "guinea pig" for MFP so everyone can get an idea on what to expect.

I'm always willing to try anything so send me the info and I'll try it out!
V :drinker:

Replies

• Sariah07
    Options
    I've been hearing about this new diet metheod called "calorie shifting" , where you do 1200 calories one day and then 1400 calories the next to confuse the body. Can anyone give me some more information on it and if you have done it what did you think of it.
    Once I get all the info on it I'm glad to be the "guinea pig" for MFP so everyone can get an idea on what to expect.

I'm always willing to try anything so send me the info and I'll try it out!
    V :drinker:
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    Go to the post here that says 30 pounds in 45 days, and read my two entries. Catlover. Then you can google "calorie shifting blogs" and you will find the general information that includes the 10 steps from the plan (advertised on this site) WeightLoss4Idiots (?). READ carefully because only one of the many testimonials reported one person who actually lost the 30 in 45, everyone else was losing one or two pounds a week. The "plan" calls for 8/8 oz glasses of water, exercise for 30 minutes, a formula to calculate your BMR and BMI so you can determine your ideal weight, calorie counting, reduction of calories by 500, etc. Where have we heard all of that?? The only thing really NEW is that is says to trick your body into fat loss by flexing the number and type of calories you eat in a day/week. The Idiots plan you pay for is supposed to give an outline of what to eat and what day or time of day to eat it. This is not really new either. For one, if your calorie goal here is 1400 for a day, and you do 600 calories in exercise, you should eat 600 calories more, but if you do only 300 calories in exercise, eat only 300 calories more. Also, anyone who has reached a plateau knows you overcome that by changing either exercise or calorie intake. If you read enough blogs, and have that copy of People magazine, you can probably find the entire program, without paying a penny. If anyone has purchased an official copy of any of the books, I'd love to know the details of the "calorie shifting" portion of the plan. I have the other 9 steps down pat.