The reward

Options
I'll be 53 next week. I have 5 grandkids and 3 adult kids. I started losing weight this time for a couple of reasons, First and foremost because I hurt so badly when I"m overweight. I didn't really even think about how frumpy I had started looking. I told myself that I didn't care..... I WAS LYING!. I'm still a long way from trim and healthy but after losing 24 lbs - I realize I do care about how I look. It felt so good yesterday to slip into a knit dress that was 2 sizes smaller. I put on a bracelet and earrings plus makeup. I haven't been doing that for over a year! Just realized how down I was feeling.
Like I said - I'm not even close to thin yet but looking well groomed felt good. REALLY GOOD.

Replies

• Talazws
    Talazws Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    When you don't feel good about yourself, no amount of pretty clothes or makeup will change that. When you start to love yourself, just feeling happy makes you more beautiful! And feeling happy makes you want to take care of yourself even more-- it is a great cycle! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!