Mid-20s vegetarian trying to lose my "grown up" weight

Options
Not much to say, gained about 30-40 lbs when I was doing my student teaching. Anyone else gain lots of weight from shifting to a "grownup" life style from a "college" lifestyle?

Anyways, that was over two years ago, and something needs to change.

I've started by tracking my calories, trying to eat abour 1440/day and biking and swimming a few times per week. I'm the type of person where I can't just work out for the sake of working out, I like to do fun things (bike, swim, play four square, basketball, etc).

I'm the maid of honor in a wedding at the end of the summer and I need to fit into my dress, I could use some friends on this thing to help hold me accountable!!!

Replies

• darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Join us in the Happy Herbivores group!
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here too!

I also experienced the adult weight gain. I was so sure it was all going to fall off after college. Part of my decision to give up meat revolved around the really terrible things I would reach for when I didn't have time to make my own meals or I just couldn't be bothered to. Feel free to add me! I'd love to swap recipes too! I'm always looking for good vegetarian dishes.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    HI!! You are welcomed to add me!! I am a vegetarian and since January I have lost 22 pounds, for a few years I struggled with weights between 185-130 (rollercoaster really)!
  • Aesto
    Aesto Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am a teacher too. I have been teaching for 5 years. I gained about 15 pounds over those 5 years. After being on MFP I have lost that weight and then some.... Counting calories was the biggest thing for me. I just didn't realize how much I was eating. I also pay attention to my portions now. I know you can do this. Add me if you would like some support. Good luck!!
  • horrorghoul
    horrorghoul Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Count me in to.