Punk rockers??

Replies

• LouiseNiD
    LouiseNiD Posts: 2 Member
    I don't define myself as a punk but I listen to punk music such as...

Leftover Crack
    Subhumans
    Choking Victim
    Crass
    Cop on Fire
    Intro5pect
    Star ****ing Hipsters
    Street Dogs
    The Casualties
    ...etc
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    I love punk rock, pop punk, ska punk.

Old No Doubt, Sublime, Rancid, Nofx, old Afi, Alkaline Trio, Horror pops, the distillers, odd bit of Green Day before they turned into a stadium band.

The only genre of music to work out to! :-D
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I love running to Rancid, Distillers, NOFX, Vandals, Cramps, Misfits... but I run a lot faster to LMFAO. :blushing:
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    I don't listen to much anymore but in my early twenties back in blighty I was the guitarist in a punk band called Hashwagon. I guess Misfits was our biggest inspiration. We had a blast... good times, good times.
  • alpha1029
    alpha1029 Posts: 139
    I listen to a lot of Horror Punk while I work out. Mostly Misfits and Wednesday 13/Murderdolls. It really gets me amped!
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    gotta add 7 Seconds since i haven't seen them mentioned yet :)

I love this woman!!!
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Social D
    Rancid
    Dropkick Murphys
    NOFX
    Dead Milkmen
    Dead Kennedys
    Misfits
    Sex Pistols

And on and on.

Which reminds me of something. I was surprised as hell that a Misfit's "Where Eagles Dare" cover is in a Sailor Jerry's rum commercial.

But that's OK. Johnny Rotten was in a British butter commercial too.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Just saw Henry Rollins on tour a few months ago. If I could work out to spoken word without laughing and falling off the treadmill I would...I've had a crush on the man for over 30 years...sigh...:smile:

So, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Misfits...all good ipod stuff. Current pop/punk I LOVE right now is Billy Talent, good ole Canadian band...

Can I still say I'm punk at 43??? LOL
  • shmiracles
    shmiracles Posts: 105 Member
    yes Flipper and Minor Threat and Black Flag and Cro-Mags and Television
    also *kitten* Surfers and Birthday Party and Karp and i'll always have a special place in my collection for Big Black/Shellac, but that's getting off topic.

there are so many interpretations of what 'punk' is.
    but that doesn't matter does it?
    cuz punk is in the heart.
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    I saw Guttermouth and Pennywise... and some Rancid, that's good punk.

Some of the bands listed I'd call hardcore (Misfits, etc.). Either way, punk is not dead... glad to see there are others who work out to this type of music as well!

Signed,

Lucky the Donkey (Guttermouth fans will get that)
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    More of a metal head than punk, but I still listen to old skool No Doubt, Rancid, NOFX, Pistols, Ramones, etc.

I have friends in punk bands and go to a few local free gigs here and there
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    I love punk rock, pop punk, ska punk.

Old No Doubt, Sublime, Rancid, Nofx, old Afi, Alkaline Trio, Horror pops, the distillers, odd bit of Green Day before they turned into a stadium band.

The only genre of music to work out to! :-D

Sounds like me, I also love my bloody valentine, thrice, killswitch engaged....and many others!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Just saw Henry Rollins on tour a few months ago. If I could work out to spoken word without laughing and falling off the treadmill I would...I've had a crush on the man for over 30 years...sigh...:smile:

So, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Misfits...all good ipod stuff. Current pop/punk I LOVE right now is Billy Talent, good ole Canadian band...

Can I still say I'm punk at 43??? LOL
    ^^^ Yes you can! I'll be 49 this Thursday and I love all that stuff (and some Henry Rollins too :heart: )
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    gotta add 7 Seconds since i haven't seen them mentioned yet :)

Man, I loved Kevin - he's still rockin', too.

Nod to the OP: DRI kicks, but there's a lot here that's... Uh, not punk, y'all. I mean, I like OpIvy and No Doubt, too, but...

Gimme some Descendants, ****ies, Vibrators, and Buzzcocks for my "pop" fix (not because they were founded for poppunk, but relative to what came after, they're so soft and cute feeling!); Agent Orange when I wanna bounce; Black Flag/ Minor Threat/ CoC when I wanna get out my aggro. DK for always.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    OMG I LOOOOVE GOOD CHARLOTTE!!!

AND I AM GOING WITH MY PARENTS TO WATCH THE GREEN DAY MUSICAL! OMG SOOO PUNK!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    *looks for Nancy*
    :frown: :cry:
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    I'm a little amused by what is coming up on here as "punk" but i'll not comment, i listen to all sorts of stuff too :)

If you like the Cramps, "Code Blue" era TSOL and Misfits you should check out what Horrorbilly (the substyle of Rockabilly) has to offer, those shows tend to be a really good time too. Now that the hipsters have moved on to the more IRONIC Metal bands out there it's safe to go see rockabilly shows again ;p

LOL, this makes me want to start a Metal thread by the way, see how many Kind Diamond/Meryful Fate fans i can find.
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    yes Flipper and Minor Threat and Black Flag and Cro-Mags and Television
    also *kitten* Surfers and Birthday Party and Karp and i'll always have a special place in my collection for Big Black/Shellac, but that's getting off topic.

there are so many interpretations of what 'punk' is.
    but that doesn't matter does it?
    cuz punk is in the heart.

Yea this!! This is awesome, love the last 3 lines. Flipper, Minor Threat and Black Flag are also awesome.
  • kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    I like some punk but I'm into metal.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Punk used to represent an attitude. Now it's just another label for a style of music.