JM Body Revolution

Options
For anyone who has done Jillian Michaels body revolution- could you write a review of what you thought of it. Did you like it more or less compared to other exercise programs(ie P90x, insanilty, etc..)? Thank you!

Replies

• AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    It's only been out since February, so there aren't a lot of people that have done the entire program. I'm 3 weeks into the program right now. I enjoy it for the most part, but I can't compare it to P90X, Insanity, or any of the other 3-month fitness programs out there, because I haven't tried them. The first two weeks are less challenging than some of her other DVDs, such as 30 Day Shred. It does get progressively more difficult. The cardio DVDs included with each "phase" (month) are crap, in my opinion, and I ususally do something else for cardio. The cardio is repetitive, and pretty boring. The later phases of the program incorporate a lot of jump moves and stuff that might be hard on you if you have a lot of joint problems.
    The meal plan portion of the program suggests 1200 calories a day, period. No "eating back" exercise calories. I, personally, didn't believe this was healthy, so I set MFP to allow me to "net" 1200 calories, but I almost always eat back my exercise calories. I think netting ~800 calories for 3 solid months is just too extreme.
    I also still go to the gym, and do weight training. I know some people might consider that "overtraining", but I don't feel like 90Day BR is enough of a true challenge for my muscles. Let's face it, I'm not gonna get a killer body using 8 lb dumbbells.
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Who says you have to use 8lb dumbells? You can use as heavy as you like. I've just finished week 2. For me the level was just right. It was tough but not impossible. Flowing the plan was great and now I move into different routines so you don't do each one more than 4 times- great if you have a low boredom threshold. Also, within the routine, the exercises keep changing so you can do low number if reps with heavy weights. B

I've felt - not really seen, muscles appearing already and each time I've done the routine, I managed to do more if the adaptations she gives and increase the weights.

Again I've not done the cardio( you will do each of the three routines, 8 times. Instead I've run

Really recommend it so far though.
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I"m on my 3rd week of Phase 1 of JM's Body Revolution. The workouts are all around 30 minutes and there are three phases. Each phase lasting a month. It's set up similar to her other workout videos, it's high intensity interval training. She does 3-4 routines each workout about twice over..similar to 30 day shred :) That's Jillian's method to working out for sure :) You workout 6 days a week. Each week is set up something like Mon-workout 1, Tuesday-workout 2, Wednesday-Cardio, Thur-workout 1, Friday-workout 2, Saturday-cardio, Sunday- Rest

The first phase is definitely more beginner friendly than the other phases. At the same time Jillian offers medium to advanced options and of course you can up your weights if you need too. She says this repeatedly and actually complains sometimes that production only gave her 8lb weights. I have 5lb, 7lb, 10lb and 20lbs weights here at home that I keep out. This program is not easy, phase one may give you that idea, but she ramps up the workouts as you progress. She's challenging us right :)

I find her meal plans and recipes are great...but a bit difficult to stick too and overwhelming to follow, there is a lot of information. I look it over and than do what I can, add my own twist on things, etc...and just track it here on mfp.

I listen to her podcast as well and she answered the question about working out on top of body revolution. Her suggestion is to not do additional strength training she wants your muscles to rest between different workouts and designed the program this way. She does however say she thinks it's fine to to additional cardio :)

In terms of comparing it to workout out programs...BR is for sure a different way of training. I LOVE interval training and see awesome results from it. I also like that I can strength train and get some cardio in at the same time. Or workout out my upper body and my lower at the same time. I also like that it's 30 intense minutes (give it your all for sure) a day, and then I add my extra cardio (typically running). I'm sore all the time..lol and just when I think I'm feeling better she challenges me and kicks my *kitten* again ;)

Hope that helps!
    ~Maggie

Follow me on JM's Body Revolution: http://my90daybodyrevolution.blogspot.ca/