Breakfast Ideas

Options
Anyone have good breakfast tips that are low protien?

Replies

• aammie12
    aammie12 Posts: 25
    Options
    I eat Thomas - Everything Beagles, the tracker says it has no protien and they's really good :smile:
  • LadyT1218
    LadyT1218 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Fiona_Bullough
    Fiona_Bullough Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi, just wondering why low protein? Just interested because I try to go high protein, low carbs.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi, just wondering why low protein? Just interested because I try to go high protein, low carbs.

Same here. High protein is like the best way to go for weight loss.
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Same here. Lots of protein in the morning is a good thing!
  • RitaMarie88
    RitaMarie88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i try to eat fruit. usually a banana cuz theyre so tasty :) apples are a good way to get the day started too. they wake me up big time
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    that's what I was wondering........maybe you mean low carb? Protein helps fuel your body and helps you stay satisfied longer.
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I eat Thomas - Everything Beagles, the tracker says it has no protien and they's really good :smile:

Aww don't eat Beagles... they are so cute
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    that's what I was wondering........maybe you mean low carb? Protein helps fuel your body and helps you stay satisfied longer.

^^ This
  • Fluffie115
    Options
    does anyone have any good breakfast cereals that are low in calories, sodium, and sugar? I have been trying shreaded wheat, but hey are pretty high in calories (200) especially since I usually have them with a banana and low-fat vanilla silk. Thanks!
  • MissMay87
    MissMay87 Posts: 76
    Options

Aww don't eat Beagles... they are so cute

:laugh:
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    Do you have a medical condition? I know my BIL has to watch his protein. He generally has oatmeal with blueberries for breakfast most days. It has some protein, but it's low enough for his needs. If it's a medical condition, perhaps your doctor could help?

If it's some kind of diet fad I haven't heard of, you may want to do some research and rethink it. It truly does go against everything I've ever read or heard for happy, healthy weight loss.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options

they have 10 g per bagel if you read the label on the package, the food diary data based on filled in by people who don't always track for the same things.
  • CeeJourney
    CeeJourney Posts: 149 Member
    Options

^^^ Thats the question i have... HIGH PROTEIN! HIGH PROTEIN!
  • susanstar88
    susanstar88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've just tried Thomas wheat bagels with agave (again) -- better than honey or peanut butter & it certainly gives me my 'sweet' for the morning. I'm new to myfitnesspal & not eating enough protein (or calories, meals). Guess I can't be taller so I need to do something to track calories & fill-up the empty spaces.
  • saracranston
    Options
    Great high protein, low fat Breaky is

Scrambled egg white with Quinoa, and veges! i always use red onion, red pepper and zucchini,
    soo yummmy and great for energy throughout the day!

:)
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I make these wonderful breakfast burritos with egg beaters, perdue turkey sausage, green peppers, onions, a little bit of salsa, and cheese. I make a huge batch and freeze them.
  • jvpease
    jvpease Posts: 11
    Options
    does anyone have any good breakfast cereals that are low in calories, sodium, and sugar? I have been trying shreaded wheat, but hey are pretty high in calories (200) especially since I usually have them with a banana and low-fat vanilla silk. Thanks!

I've looked at a lot of breakfast cereals and have settled on Kroger's rice bitz toasted rice cereals. I'm sure that you could find a similar generic brand. It has 100 calories per 1 cup and only 240mg sodium and 2g sugar. I eat it with half-cup of skim milk and half-cup of either fresh blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries. That's approximately 200 calories total. Hope this helps!
  • brettwilliamsbpw
    Options
    I like Thomas Whole Wheat English Muffins:
    Calories 120 Sodium 220 mg
    Total Fat 1 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 23 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 3 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 1 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 5 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Vitamin A 0% Calcium 8%
    Vitamin C 0% Iron 10%

Hope this helps!
    *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
    Search our food database by name:
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

They're a little pricey, but if you can find them, Kashi Go-Lean (I'm pretty bias towards crunch. I LOVE cinnamon!) have pretty good carbs/protein ratio. Have with a pre-mixed scoop of almond milk and protein powder, or with a few spoons of greek yogurt & honey and you're good to go. Pretty filling too!

Otherwise I also do enjoy Vector cereals. Not as awesome a profile, but they do fill the sweet and crunchy morning craves from time to time. I actually am trying to find some kind of recipe to make them into a bar for when I'm in a hurry :)

As far as general breakfast goes though: 1% cottage cheese with berries and a drizzle of honey or pure maple syrup = heaven :)