So Upset Of What I ve Become.

Options
(Im not sure how to post pictures, let me know if this dose nt work)

This is me in 2009.

feb2009.jpg
This is a picture of me now. July 2012

2.jpg
I Use to be 130 Lbs now im a huge 190 lbs. My starting weight was 193 i ve lost 3 lbs so far being on mfp...i feel so gross and pissed off at myself for letting myself get this big!! i have nt introduced my self yet on here. i,m 21 and before i had my son i could eat whatever i wanted and i never exercised so this is all new to me!! feel free to add me.

Replies

• AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    it's =) but yeah... I used to be always between 145-170, but was mostly muscle from the work I used to do. I'm 223 now, my starting weight was 228, and with my first daughter, the day before I had her, I was 234!! And... i'm only 5 ft 2. I hate it, I feel disgusting and I don't even like going out of my house anymore." alt="lowercase =) but yeah... I used to be always between 145-170, but was mostly muscle from the work I used to do. I'm 223 now, my starting weight was 228, and with my first daughter, the day before I had her, I was 234!! And... i'm only 5 ft 2. I hate it, I feel disgusting and I don't even like going out of my house anymore." />
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    (Im not sure how to post pictures, let me know if this dose nt work)

This is me in 2009.

2.jpg

This is a picture of me now. July 2012

2.jpg
    I Use to be 130 Lbs now im a huge 190 lbs. My starting weight was 193 i ve lost 3 lbs so far being on mfp...i feel so gross and pissed off at myself for letting myself get this big!! i have nt introduced my self yet on here. i,m 21 and before i had my son i could eat whatever i wanted and i never exercised so this is all new to me!! feel free to add me.

That should fix the pics...
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this!
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    But you actually put the same pic there twice..... W/e
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    But you actually put the same pic there twice..... W/e

Noticed that too lol
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Before:
    2.jpg

After:
    2.jpg
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    So yeah. I can't see your pics from work.
  • Wunderhubsch
    Wunderhubsch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the lbs lost! I've gained a lot too and am upset I got to this weight. I think back to when I was young and thought then I was overweight...I'd love to be back to that again. Keep up the good work and welcome to mfp.
  • Steph4454
    Steph4454 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Keep your chin up and be patient!

Anyone, feel free to add me!
  • bazfitness
    bazfitness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Not seeing the original pic I think.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    We aren't able to see the before pic... Regardless, you are unhappy and making steps to change it! It's all good....we've all been there and you CAN do this!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You posted the same picture twice.
  • Rylansmommy12
    Options
    feb2009.jpg Did that work?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Hey man, it happens to the best of us. Keep on truckin' and you'll reach your goals.
  • kirstenmaria
    kirstenmaria Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    feb2009.jpg Did that work?

There you are :)
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    You are in the right place. Feel free to add me for support :)
  • JessaAnn407
    JessaAnn407 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Don't get discouraged, keep on chugging along and things will work out. Feel free to add me!
  • amandainez08
    amandainez08 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I use to stay around in the 130s. Before I had my daughter, I had gotten down to 120. After I had my daughter, I was around in the 140s. Not so bad. But I got a desk job the Christmas after I had her, and in almost four years time, I've let myself gain almost 40 pounds since. A total of almost 60 pounds from my lowest weight (120). I want to be that girl again. I heard about MFP from a friend, so I decided to try it out. It honestly helps. The support it awesome, logging your daily food intake helps you realize what you are comsuming, etc. I've lost nine pounds in a month and a half, most of which was probably water weight. It may not be as much as others have lost within the first month or so, but I'll take it. I know if I lose weight the healthy way, I'll have a better chance at actually keeping it off than others will. I've cut out sodas and fast food from my diet. Really, I just make better choices. There's no special diet, no need in cutting out all carbs, fats, etc. You just need to make sure you get your exercise in. It works for me, and I eat what I want in a sense. But once you realize you can consume more food if you eat lower calorie meals, your set! You won't be hungry. At first, I was, but it didn't last long. I geuss I had always overeaten that my stomach stretched itself out. It was use to consuming all that food, then I suddenly started eating less. It is hard the first couple of weeks when you quit sodas and fast food cold turkey. But it's worth it. If you give it time, you won't even want those things anymore. I never thought that was possible, but it is! Just give yourself some credit. You're first step to weight loss was starting on this journey. Just do not give up! I want to sometimes, because it's easier to, but that won't make me happy! Make yourself happy! You won't regret it!
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Options
    Rylansmommy12

From the Old Fart Department......

"I Use to be 130 Lbs now im a huge 190 lbs."

- Uhm, drop the huge. Just stick to gained 60 (I had gained 121)

"My starting weight was 193 i ve lost 3 lbs so far being on mfp..."

- Great start! keep going!

"i feel so gross and pissed off at myself for letting myself get this big!!"

- Grossed and pissed are not the right words... How about going with let yourself get unhealthy and now you are going to correct that. PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) in this will help you regain that healthy mind and body you want back.

"i have nt introduced my self yet on here. i,m 21 and before i had my son i could eat whatever i wanted and i never exercised so this is all new to me!!"

- Okay, I'm a LOT older and eating whatever I wanted caught up with me too... LOL

You've found the right place for support. I've found the majority of people here are super supportive whether you need encouragement, pats on the back for your successes, to a verbal kick in the butt as needed.

Wishing you the best of luck and have fun while getting you back! :smile::

Jerry
  • Laurie061273
    Options
    Before I got pregnant with my first son (back in 1994) I was an unintentional 120ish lbs (way too thin for my 6' frame). I could eat anything, wear anything, do anything. Upon leaving the hospital I was 180lbs. I hovered between 180 and 160 for a year before becoming pregnant with my second son... then it was somewhere in the 200s, but I blocked it out.

My divorce was a great weight loss program and I dropped down to 145lbs and became fit and healthy again. I was doing construction work and driving a tow truck and having a blast! I met my current husband and poof! along came my youngest son who is now 8. After having him, I ballooned to a round 225/230 and my thyroid crapped out on me.

After trying to get my thyroid regulated and going through several bouts of depression and many family traumas, I bumped up to 250. I only managed to get down to 236 before another family issue arose and now I have jetted up to a whopping 285!!! OMG!!!

I spent a significant amount of time flipping out about this, especially since I'm now almost 40 and it's harder and harder to find the time and energy to do anything outside of work and commuting. I'm trying again, though... and I'm not going to give up. You shouldn't either! You can do this!