NSV - Running!

Options
jdp21
jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
First off, sorry, I didn't know which forum to post this in exactly. Haha. So, sorry if I got it wrooong.

Anyway, I just recently started going back to the gym again. I mean, very recently. Monday of last week. Since then, I've been there Thursday, Saturday, and yesterday. I had been part of the gym a few months ago and even paid a bunch of money for a personal trainer, but I only ended up going back one day after I met the trainer. Eek. Fortunately, the training appointment cards don't expire, and I've gone back and started to do the routine all over again (Saturday was day one, today will be day two; the other days are just cardio days). But anyway!

When I went on Thursday, I wasn't sure if it was a fluke or not, but I ran a total of 43 minutes out of the hour I was on the treadmill, for over 4 miles. It wasn't all together, but it was something like 15 minutes of running, stopping, a few minutes of running, walking again, and then running the rest of the 43 minutes. Either way, I was pretty proud, but I was sure it was some kind of fluke because even a few months ago I couldn't run for that long. So, I went again yesterday... and I did even BETTER. I ran for 32 minutes straight before resorting to walking, and from there did intervals until I totalled 50 minutes of running altogether. Anyway, it kinda proved to me that it wasn't just a fluke, and even though it's only been a little over a week, I'm pretty proud of myself for being able to do that. Haha.

Also, I wanted to thank whoever it was a whiiiile ago who I think posted in Motivation and Support about feeling too overweight to go to the gym. That was probably the inspiration that got me back. For anyone that thinks they need to worry about what others think of them when they go, don't. Seriously, I held on to that fear for a really, really long time until I made myself go back, and I pushed through, and now... somehow, I don't care anymore, and I'm pretty sure no one else in the gym even looks at you. Haha. Anyway, yeah, I felt like writing about that because I was pretty jazzed with myself.

This is only the beginning of my journey (again!), so, hopefully I might start seeing some scale-related victories in the future (I'm 5'8" and 222 lbs).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!