Looking for friends... how pathetic?

Options
sspscott
sspscott Posts: 66 Member
Hello, I have lost 28 pounds while using MFP. I have not used it very frequently. But I have vowed to start using it, and keep using it. It would be great to have "friends" to help along the way. Not sure what the best way to go about getting a posse on this program, but I seem to work best with an audience. So, wanna be friends?

Replies

• mhouston2011
    mhouston2011 Posts: 155
    Options
    Feel free to add me...the more friends on here the better we all are!
  • JessaAnn407
    JessaAnn407 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The people that I have added on here have helped me so much! Feel free to add me as well. We all need help and friends.
  • kirstenmaria
    kirstenmaria Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I didn't think I needed friends on here either. I didn't want anyone to know I was trying to lose weight because I know it has disappointed my family in the past when I get really enthusiastic then fail. I didn't want to have to put myself out there for the whole world to know my failures...until I realized I can't do this alone, and perhaps the struggles and successes of others will help motivate me.

This is my third week with friends on MFP, and I'm still sticking to it. Usually I would try for a week and then give up for a few months. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we're all in this together (with the exception of a couple of the washboard abs types), and we'll all see each other through. I won't say good luck, because it's not luck but hard work that will get you where you want to be, so best wishes for your continued energy and motivation.
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    SOOOOO NOT Pathetic at all. i sent you a friend request. We all need support and I think that is one of the best things we can have. If we make friends out of the deal even better. We all fall down and we need someone to be there to pick us up and keep going. Don't lose faith and keep going!
  • afrohauk13
    afrohauk13 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the one little thing to get you over that one obstacle, or to contiue ten more steps and ten after that is just a friend.
    Just that little push or extra step of encouragement...
    Having someone to help you make sense of whats going wrong when your trying so hard and then the same to enjoy your success!!!

feel free to add if you like...
  • Reana27
    Reana27 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    not pathetic at all....my MFP friends are zwesome and keep me motivated every day. Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • kmccauley1026
    Options
    I am in the same boat and looking for "support" on here. I have a couple and the feedback is so helpful! Feel free to add me, anyone :)
  • win4ecu
    win4ecu Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Everybody needs friends :happy: Adding you now....
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Dude, I've been there. I don;t normally offer, but I'll be your friend. But be warned, not a lot of touchy feely motivation from me. Rather I'd give you my opinion/feedback and hold you accountable. If you starve yourself, don;t exercise or don;t appear to be taking your progress seriously - I will unfriend you.

A few more lbs and you are going to feel sooo much better you won;t believe it.
  • mmreed
    mmreed Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP!

MFP is a really great resource to keep you focused and connect you with a wealth of fitness resources and like minded folks.

1. Log your foods every day - don't skip days, or parts of your day. log everything!
    2. Analyze each day - see where it went good and where it went bad - too much fat? maybe too many carbs? over the calorie limit? Identify and plan how to correct it for tomorrow.
    3. Reach out to the community with questions or advice needs.
    4. Build a network of friends here!
    5. Lastly, do not believe everything you read here. There is a lot of great advice, but also some misleading and hype type advice. Part of getting fit is educating yourself in aspects of health and fitness. Make sure any questionable advice is looked at with a scientific eye and look for facts, evidence, and most importantly real world proof.
    6. You are more than a number. Sometimes the scale may not say what you hoped - thats fine. weight loss is not a straight line declination. Its a bumpy line that drops over time. Don't let single day numbers get your focus away from term based results.
    7. Vary your exercises. Your body forms memories and can slow down how it burns fat and builds muscles. Keep it confused! Hit it hard with cardio styles. Build lean muscle to burn even more fat.
    8. and above all - take your photo now! You will want to look back and have a starting BEFORE picture to proudly display along with your series of PRESENT or CURRENT photos during your transformation and continued lifestyle of fitness.

I welcome you, and anyone else out there to add me as a friend. I have made fitness and health my passion and love the idea of folks joining me in my new lifestyle of being fit, healthy, and most importantly - HAPPY!.

I'm here to support and motivate!!! I find my own success comes easier when I help and fuel other folks success.

and remember - most folks care more about the quality of fuel they put in their lawn mowers than the fuel they put in their bodies. Don't be one of those people. Whole foods. Natural foods. Intelligent choices.

Fit for life,
    Mark M. Reed
    aka Marc Mayhem - Fitness Blogger, and Motivator!
    www.truthfulfitness.com

Add me as a friend and take part in my daily fitness discussions, tips, and commentary on MyFitnessPal!
  • thadnewport
    thadnewport Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for a while now too and am finding it hard to get over the hump after stalling out. I'm hoping adding some friends on here will hold me more accountable and motivate me to get back on track.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Making friends here is crucial to your success! We will love and support you through this journey.Nothing about you or this process is pathetic! Give yourself a IPOM moment for posting this!(IPOM I'm proud of Myself!
  • CunninghCM30
    Options
    I guess I'm pretty pathetic too then! Feel free to add me and anyone else who would like to add me as well, we all need all of the support that we can get! :)
  • Hey Im New As Well....Nothing Wrong with New Friends on Our New Journey!!!

Feel Free To Add Me :smile:
  • lifemorelively
    Options
    Me too!

It's definitely easier to stay committed when you're using the community here. :)
  • beckamelia1
    Options
    Feel free to add:-)
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    Wanting diet buddies isnt pathetic its actually nice to know youre not on your own. And while your real life friends may tell you to shut up about food and diets etc a diet buddy never will because it HELPS to talk about it. Feel free to send me a friends request :)
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Not pathetic at all....it really helps! Adding you now :drinker:
  • andrea2787
    andrea2787 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! The more support, the better!
  • rob021880
    rob021880 Posts: 28
    Options
    looking for friends too... I'm always down for helping someone that wants to better themselves.