Anyone else out there?

Options
Hi all! I just joined as a girl who is focusing on being fit for the first time in a long while. I used to be quite athletic and didn't have to worry about what I ate (ah those days)...and then let fitness/weight priorities go in an academically challenging boarding school environment during high school :/ Now as I'm about to enter college in the fall, I want to get back to my old weight and am looking forward to preparing myself for a new life -- I want to be prepared as much as I have been mentally after what four years of fatigue, stress, and general academic pain hah. For the past month I've had some hard earned results of losing a few pounds after focusing on diet and exercise but I still have a ways to go to my goal!

I know I am not starting my weightloss in an overweight range, but I would still love to lose some pounds, tone up, and look hot! I am a short chick and the little numbers make a big difference. Anyway, after that rambling what I'm trying to say is that I would love to connect with other MFP members who are on their way to an even healthier weight while already in a healthy range. It seems like the lighter you go, the harder it gets so I am looking for motivation, tips, and just general like-minded community love! Thanks for reading :)

Replies

• ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Welcome here you can do anything if you put your mind to it. I hope you have a great day.
  • shoesalwaysfit
    shoesalwaysfit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I am 5'3 and although I am not technically overweight - I used to be 10 pounds thinner and felt better in my clothes, and I know I looked a lot better. Somehow I stopped keeping track of my eating and it crept up on me. My goal is to feel comfortable in my bikini by August 17th --when I go to the beach. I am hoping to lose 2 pounds a week.
  • Guardian1777
    Options
    Best of luck :) Feel free to add me as a friend