Hot weather -workout!

Options
How do you guys get a workout in with this hot weather? Its supposed to be 105 today! Our gym doesnt have air conditioning either

Replies

• now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    On the really hot days I try to wait until later in the evening and go for a walk or run.

It's pretty hot today where I am so when it cools down a bit I plan on going for a run.

Can you go swimming as your workout?
  • JessaAnn407
    JessaAnn407 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I usually do early morning or early night times when it is hot outside. This way I don't have to deal with too much of the heat.
  • DivaDiba0212
    Options
    I live in AZ and it is always hot here, so it doesn't give me much options for going out during the day for a work out. What I have been doing is going swimming, dancing around my house to my favorite music as well as dancing along to a latin dance mix workout DVD that cost me 5 dollars for an hour workout.

Cleaning around your house also can count as a workout depending on what you do. My house is sparkling at the moment :)
  • skininbonz
    skininbonz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am just beginning again. But I used to get up and walk 1-5 miles early in the morning. It was nice and cool, and I was home before it got so warm. The more you sweat the more you lose. But always carry plenty of water with you. I use an old 1 liter bottle and I freeze it at night (about half - filled with water) and tilt it to the side so in the morning I fill it with fresh water, and off I go. It stays cold til the very end. I even sometimes add to it! I left at 7a.m was back by 9 or 10. It's a lot hotter in the afternoons! I wish you the best of luck. I just need the motivation now.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I live in Las Vegas, and our temps are almost always above 100 during July and August. And it doesn't cool off much at night. I get up every morning at 4AM to get in my run or cardio on the elliptical before the sun comes up. The coolest part of the day is actually the 30 minutes after sunrise, so that would be the best time to do your workout outside.
  • lsilly15
    lsilly15 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i could swim! never thought of that. I dont mind the high temps but its the humidity that gets me.