Any other twin moms or moms with big families?

Options
Looking for some new friends to keep me motivated! I have identical twin boys who are 21 months old. They are the youngest of six. I also have a 12 year old son, 8 year old son, 5 year old daughter, and 3 year old son. My life is a bit crazy and sometimes it's really hard to say on track.

I started out around 180 after my twins were born and I'm 140 right now. I did this through exercise and clean eating and it took me a year. Now I'm just working on slowly reaching my goal of 130 and getting more muscular.

Replies

• Carlybarleyx
    Options
    Hi there :)

I'm not a twi.n mum but my 3 year olds were born just under 10 months apart! I also have an 8yr old daughter and a 14 month old son plus my 3yr old son and 3yr old daughter.

It's really hard to stay on track and especially to have the energy to exercise too!!

Well done on your loss that's amazing! I've only been doing this 3 w
    weeks and lost 8lb so far, I'm trying to lose 46lb so still have a loooong way to go!!

Xx
  • nadya768
    nadya768 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I dont have twins,but i do have a big family!.We have 9 kids aged 16,15,14,12,10,8,7,4 and 10 months.After my 7th child i was 240lbs,i lost 120lbs in 16 months and then gained 50lbs while pregnant with number 8!.Got gallstones 10 days after the birth so lost the weight very quickly as i could barely eat.
    I gained 50lbs again with my 9th,and have now lost 45lbs of that since january.He is still breastfed so taking it as slow as i can.
  • CFam5
    CFam5 Posts: 24
    Options
    I have twin boys who just turned one and an older son who is 11. I work full time but am home with my kids all summer. My husband is extremely tall and very thin! He can eat anything he wants and not gain a pound. My 11 year old is going through growth spurts and eats almost as much as his dad. Between running the family/household/working, it's hard to find time to workout and eat right. I'm struggling with getting into a routine that I can stick with. After my first son was born I gained a tremendous amount of weight and then work very hard and lost over 100 pounds. Now, ten years later; I had my twins and I have packed on a serious amount of weight. Over the past year (since their birth) I've lost 67lbs; however, I need to lose another 70lbs to reach the weight I was before my pregnancy. Having two babies is a lot of work, there isn't much "focus on mommy" time. How do you balance it all with a household that big?
  • nanharb
    nanharb Posts: 3
    Options
    I am a twin mom - my twin girls will be 6 years old in August. I think a big challenge for me is to avoid all the kiddie snacks that are around all the time such as cookies and crackers. The other challenge of course is all the work involved in raising twins and working full time - there is not as much time to focus on exercise and meal plans. Having twins is a blast though!
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    I do not have twins, but I have 4 kids. 2 boys and 2 girls. 8, 6, 4, 1 (almost 2). I also work full time and have my mother living with me. Oh, two dogs and a hubby ;) Life is crazy.

I run/lift at lunch every day. I always am turning down someone who askes me to join them for lunch. I feel bad, but I have to come first. I get one hour a day to myself and it is all MINE. I do not share. ;)
  • denisebme
    denisebme Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have identical twin boys, but mine are 26 now so it is survivable! I also have 6 children, but they are all grown. The oldest is 30, the youngest is 20.
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I have a 15 year old, 8 year old and 6 year old twins. Single mom, works full time, not including the time spent managing kids! BUT, I do have a very supportive boyfriend who helps a ton.
  • EileenT72
    EileenT72 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have 7 kids ranging in age from 23 to 3.....feel free to add me! I'm just over halfway to my weightloss goal. :)
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have a 13yo boy and 6.5yo boy/girl twins. I'm a full-time student and I completely understand about being busy.
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Hiya. I'm a mom with four kiddos. Ages range from 12 to 6. :)
  • sassynsweet2014
    sassynsweet2014 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My twin girls will be 10 yrs old in September (wow! Time flies!) and my youngest daughter just turned 8 yrs old. I am a teacher, so while I work during the school year I am home all summer with the kids. I have been struggling to get in exercise time, its been recent that I've managed. I'm usually so tired by the time the kids are in bed I wanna crash too.

The healthy eating hasn't been too hard, we are trying to get the girls to eat healthy as well, so that we are doing more as a family. I have a hard enough time with 3 children, I have no idea how you ladies with such large families do it! You are all an inspiration!! Feel free to add me as a friend, I try to be pretty active and supportive :)

Alix
  • cleorh
    cleorh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi I have 4 children, 3 boys and a girl. Ages are 11,10,7 and nearly 6.
    Feel free to add me as a friend, the more the merrier !!:flowerforyou:
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Talk about time flying.... My twin daughters are 21 years old! But I still have a 13 year old son and 2 1/2 year old daughter at home plus I babysit my 21 month old granddaughter and 4 month old grandson a couple days a week!

They just all joined this journey right along with my husband and I! And we have both lost 60+pounds each! Gotta make it a family lifestyle if you expect it to work... Plus we should always "Be The Example!"
  • teeejab
    teeejab Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am a mom with 9 children...they are all grown now. I have a set of fraternal twins that are 36 now. With 2 daughters and 7 sons, I kept busy. I am a grandmother of 19 and greatgrand to 3 now. My youngest child is 24 and she has a set of identical twin boys that i babysit sometimes. It is so nice to give them back to mama at the end of the day!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm a Mom of:

20yr old daughter (Birthday today)
    18yr old twin boys
    & a
    5yr old boy

And yes juggling schedules can be alittle perplexing at times ;-)
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I'm also a full-time student getting my Bachelor's degree in Accounting. My life is a juggling act for sure :)
  • LisaB55
    LisaB55 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have 16-year-old twins--girl and boy--as well as a 19-year-old son. My older son lost 70+ lbs over his freshman tear of college and really only had probably 50 to actually lose. So much fo the "freshman 15". My daughter is doing this with me. We are not only providing each other with lots of motivation and support, but it is really bringing us closer together which is a very good thing with a teenage daughter.