Workout Videos

Options
Do any of you use workout videos? I have this one called Abs, Butt, and thighs (by prevention) and I tried to do it 3 times a week. The first time I did it I could hardly walk the next day lol. It really tones my body! Does anyone have any other recomendations?

Replies

• KJaxFL
    KJaxFL Posts: 16
    Options
    Do any of you use workout videos? I have this one called Abs, Butt, and thighs (by prevention) and I tried to do it 3 times a week. The first time I did it I could hardly walk the next day lol. It really tones my body! Does anyone have any other recomendations?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I have a whole arsenal:

(hey, it's really cold where I am. . . so some days even a walk is out of the question) And, some days, I just don't want to go to the gym.

Yoga DVDS: anything by Rodney Yee. I'm particularly enjoying one called "Yoga Burn"
    I also have a few Kundalini Yoga (a little more "out there" with more meditation and chanting. . .but very challenging. . .I always feel those the next day)

and I have some "light cardio" ones as well. These aren't super-calorie blasting, more like they take the place of a walk.

Crunch: Cardio Dance Party
    Crunch: Latin Dance
    Yoga Booty Ballet--pretty much all of them. (they're very, very silly. but I can do them when I "don't feel like working out"

for sculpting/weights I like
    Core Secrets and Winsor Pilates (both good for beginners. . .I like the core secrets because you can add more weight to what you'e doing and build on it.)

I'm considering buying some more hardcore cardio ones. Seriously considering Turbo Jam, which some people around here seem to LOVE.
  • mystery7707
    mystery7707 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes, I also use workout DVDs since I am in Canada, and it's mighty chilly. I had the VHS of tae bo with billy blanks, those were fun but I haven't gotten them on DVD and I no longer have a VCR. Also, I have tried slim in 6, great workout if you stick with it you do see results but it's not the most fun workout ever.

I also just got Turbo Jam, and yes, I like that a lot. It's pretty fun, gives you a wicked workout and has alternate moves if you want a lower impact on your knees.

I also have some other DVDs from Denise Austin, they're ok, but I find her really annoying so I have to have the TV on mute, and I just play my own music LOL

Hope that helps!
  • momathome
    Options
    I have the Slim in 6 series and let me tell you I DIE. I like it though and have seen results both inches and pounds. But it isn't the funnest and it burns
  • lietee
    lietee Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yeah i use workout videos. I have hte Tae bo Amped collection i use them approx 6 times a week as instructed. They make me sweat thats for sure. One is 41 mins , another is 52 mins and the third is 30 minutes. so over all i do 246 minutes a week.
  • nollsofutah
    Options
    The Jillian Michaels workout series is good. I have just started using them and it kicks my butt!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I have Windsor Pilates, Turbo Jam & Billy Blanks Tae Bo.

They are all fun to do.
    Pilates is less low impact movements but very relaxing and works great.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • babyhippo
    Options
    Since we are on the subject, I have been trying to decide between buying Tae Bo and Turbo Jam. Does anyone have both of them, and if you do, which do you like better?
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about getting turbo jam as well. Right now I just DVR all the fitness programs that look interesting to me then I fast foward thru them b4 I do them to see if it is what I am looking for. Also my free on demand has some pretty good exercise shows. This way I don't waste money on videos I don't like anyway. (Like my carmen electra video that has been lost in the dvd clutter which really didn't make me break too much of a sweat either)
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Kathy Smith videos
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Since we are on the subject, I have been trying to decide between buying Tae Bo and Turbo Jam. Does anyone have both of them, and if you do, which do you like better?

I have them both and I think Turbo Jam is more fun for me.
    Tae Bo is more intense.

• babyhippo
    Options
    Thanks! That's kind of what I was thinking. My teenage daughter has also been wanting to get one of them. She has used the Tae Bo and likes it. But, if Turbo Jam is more fun. Then maybe we'll give it a try.

Now I'm all excited want to get it! :happy:
  • sundaygirl85
    Options
    Kathy Smith videos

Yep, I'm a Kathy Smith devotee as well. Her workouts get you burning calories really effectively, but the choreography is easy to follow (a necessity for someone as uncoordinated as me!)
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hey, one more question about Turbo Jam. . .I live in a second floor apartment. . .and I like my downstairs neighbors

Is it high impact, or does it involve jumping. (a little is OK, I just don't want them to think the ceiling is about to come down on them:tongue: )
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    There's alot of jumping involved so maybe you should wait for your neighbors to be away:laugh:

Go to this link so you can check out some clips:
    http://youtube.com/results?search_query=turbo+jam&search_type=

• ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    lol...I used to live on a second floor and did my workout videos on the carpeted rooms....less boom for my poor neighbors! (I hoped)

I love turbo jam, just got it and just finished two tapes today and I feel AWESOME!

I have tae bo too, and i agree w/ Joanna, its very intense....I love to dance so if I had to choose I'd go w/ Turbo Jam....I feel the same after both but feel my abs more w/ the turbo jam because I feel I have more control than w/ Billy....

my hubby is a 4th degree blackbelt and knows Billy from the o' tournament days....he'd say go for Billy LOL....:tongue: tells me "believe me ...you'll get the best results from his videos"...but I like my jam! lol

best of luck!
    and its sooo cold here too..brrrrrrrr New England is not a friend of the outdoors jogger/walker in the winter!:ohwell:
    Ali
  • healthhero
    healthhero Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    For those of you who use turbo jam, how do you log it in the exercise? moderate cardio??
    I just started it too and wondered....
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I don't know about everyone else but I log it in as high impact aerobics.

• healthhero
    healthhero Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Very welcome!