I screwed up!!! (vent)

Options
Gosh i should have totally looked at the calories before i bought this. Barilla cheese tortelli.

I tried eating one serving of it, which was 1/4 of the package. but then i took an hour walk, and after wards i was STARVINNNNGGGG.

I ended up eating the rest that was in the pot. Shoot it's not even THAT much!! goes to show how small quantities of food add up to big calories, you have to make the right choices. But the package (yields less than 2 cups of pasta cooked, so not even a lot) was 1600!!!! so in total i ate 2700 for the day!!! omg. i dont even think i ate that much, im still a little hungry. :embarassed: normally im not such a pig. before mfp i was eating around 1600-1800 a day. oh well looks like im never buying that again.

Replies

• jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Don't fret! it's okay. It really is. This happens sometimes. Don't worry about it. Just take note of how you are feeling now, and remember it the next time you are tempted.

Honestly, if you keep on tract for the rest of the week, even eating your exercise calories, you likely won't see much of a difference. These things happen to EVERYONE. I promise.:heart:
  • xStargazerx
    Options
    I know it sucks but tomorrow is a new day. You did exercise so that's a plus. Look forward and start new tomorrow. You'll do fine! Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    everyone's right, tomorrow is another day.

I love barilla cheese tortallini. I used to eat it all the time before MFP. I would probably have done the same thing, but since I have understood that I have no self control, I just don't make these things anymore.
  • jellymedina
    Options
    thank you guys! i needed someone to tell me it was ok. i dont feel so bad now for stinkin' up this board with my sob story amongst all the posititivity.
  • jellymedina
    Options
    everyone's right, tomorrow is another day.

I love barilla cheese tortallini. I used to eat it all the time before MFP. I would probably have done the same thing, but since I have understood that I have no self control, I just don't make these things anymore.

LOL i'm not the only one who loves it. since i'm italian i need my pasta :happy:

next time i make it i will probably do it for 2 people, then put lots of veggies like onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc.. in it to expand it. but since thats not happening anytime soon (hubby deployed) i just wont buy it!!!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I understand,

I just had a 1400 calories lunch. (Picture of shock and awe of the people on 1200 cal daily diets brings a smile to may face, actually) Not huge screw up, but I ate more than I planned. I ran this morning, and I have calistinics planned for later in the day.

Not only that I'm net 2000 calories below my GOAL for the past two days, which means I'm 4000 below maintainence. I knew i was going to give some back at some point. I'm not going to sweat going over a little bit today....take that back I'm going to sweat a lot later...but it won't be about this.