Any Marathon Runners Out There?

Options
I'm running a marathon this fall and looking for others who are doing the same (October/November timeframe). Hoping our training and food journals can give each other good tips and motivation and all that other hunky dorey jazz over the next 3-4 months. I'm not really fast or a "natural" runner by any means. Just enjoy doing it. Add me if you're interested.

Thanks!

Replies

• kamikaze004
    kamikaze004 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, hello!

I'm doing a marathon as well in November. Just started running in February.... guess I'm a little ambitious. Or crazy. I've heard both sides of people either swearing they shed weight like crazy while training or the complete opposite. I'm hoping to experience option A.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I am. October 21st in Lowell, MA.
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first in early October, so about 11 weeks of training left. I'm planning my longest run ever this weekend (13 miles).
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Running my first marathon in Lowell on Oct. 21, and signed up for Disney on 1/13/13. Feel free to add me if you would like, I am pretty much 'winging' it by reading articles and taking advise from seasoned runners. :)
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Running Portland Marathon for the second time October 7. This time hoping to Train injury free I did it last time with horrible knee pain. My long runs are 20s now. I've done 3. I am in week 5 of training with 11 weeks to go.
  • shanse21
    shanse21 Posts: 26
    Options
    I ran my first half in June and am looking to do a few more at that distance before I tackle the MCM next fall. That's a much longer time frame, but anyone feel free to add me! Always good to have more people to bounce ideas off of.
  • rob021880
    rob021880 Posts: 28
    Options
    just signed up for my 1st marathon that'll take place in Dec 2nd.. plenty of time to train from now.. I'm looking for fellow runners as well so add me if you'd like.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    October 14th - Amica Marathon in Newport, RI. It will be my second!
  • rob021880
    rob021880 Posts: 28
    Options
    I ran my first half in June and am looking to do a few more at that distance before I tackle the MCM next fall. That's a much longer time frame, but anyone feel free to add me! Always good to have more people to bounce ideas off of.

MCM?! being prior active duty I wanted the MCM to be my first... I'm settling for a Full here in California... Happy Running!
  • CarsonRuns
    Options
    MCM was my first, in 2010. It's a well supported race, but not without large marathon logistical issues. Finish in anything over 4 hours and you may have to wait 60 to 90 minutes to get on the subway. I finished in just under 3:40 and it was already becoming a zoo down on the platform.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'm running Twin Cities Marathon on October 7th. With a loose definition of running. But I will traverse the course.
  • LaPati
    LaPati Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm a wannabe marathon runner, can't decide which one to attempt first. Would love new running friends.
  • lilfurson
    lilfurson Posts: 190
    Options
    2 coming up...Empire State in October and Philadelphia in November. Never run a marathon before but i'm doing my best to train. :)
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Hi there! I ran my first marathon in May of this year, then started training for another one in October, but in the process injured my foot. I'm just coming off of the foot injury after 3.5 weeks of no running. I probably won't be doing that marathon now, but rather the half, and looking to do a full in December. Anyways, feel free to send an add, just please add a note! Good luck to you all!
  • ww123butterfly
    Options
    I'm running NYC Marathon in November. It will be my second marathon and my second time running the NYC Marathon!
  • robmaguire1
    robmaguire1 Posts: 111
    Options
    I'm running my first marathon (MCM) in October. Started training a few weeks ago utilizing Hal Higdon IPhone App. Add me if you like.
  • missleah26
    missleah26 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first half on October 6 and will start reaching for a marathon after that! I'll be doing the MCM 10k while my husband runs the full marathon in hopes of a BQ-- I'll be there to cheer all you MCM-ers on! I wanted the MCM next year to be my first, but I think I'm going to push up my timeframe to one next spring.

And all you guys running the Baystate in Lowell... I'm only about 30 minutes away :)
  • CarsonRuns
    Options

And all you guys running the Baystate in Lowell... I'm only about 30 minutes away :)

Are you preparing brunch for us after the race? :happy:
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I love that there are so many New England marathons in this thread. I'm a Masshole living in Connecticut :happy:
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I am running the Soldier Marathon on 10 Nov. http://www.soldiermarathon.com/home.aspx

This is a really well run race with a good, and certified, course. Anyone from the southeast US looking for a race ought to check it out.