Virgin Cocktails

Options
Qarol
Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
I'm having a party this weekend. A good friend of mine was just recently diagnosed with a genetic liver problem and can't ever drink alcohol again. Poor girl. :cry:

But I don't want her to feel left out of the boozing. I wanted to have on hand ingredients to make one or two virgin cocktails for her. I tried googling, but wow...so many of them! I want simple (just a few, easy to find ingredients) and yummy. Don't care necessarily about low calorie.

Who's got a recipe?

Replies

• boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    how bout the crystal light moctails. i think there is a margarita and a mojito
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    how bout the crystal light mocktails. i think there is a margarita and a mojito
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    If you turn on ads, there will be one right to the side of this post. I'm interested in the replies as well.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Frozen Strawberry daquiry

Get your favorite premade mix (the premade mixes without alcohol) add a few ripe strawberries, ice and instead of rum I add sprite. Top with whip cream and a whole strawberry cut on the glass.

Great for a hot summer day

You can do the same with Pinacolata!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Pina Colada Punch (Make in advance and add rum to individual servings if desired)

1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
    1 (8 ounce) can coconut cream
    1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
    2 cups rum (optional and prevents full freezing)
    1 (2 liter) bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage

In a large plastic container, combine ice cream, crushed pineapple, coconut cream, pineapple juice.
    Mix well and slowly stir in the lemon-lime soda. Freeze for 4 hours or until slushy. Add rum if desired.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I like virgin mojitos.

Simple Syrup
    Mint leaves
    Lime
    Club soda

Muddle 6-10 mint leaves and half a lime in a glass. Add syrup, top with club soda.

If your friend likes bottles mixers, lots of them work well with some club soda.

There are also wines with the alcohol removed. There's a trace amount left so I don't know if that's appropriate for them or not. And they might suck, I've never tried them.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Arnold Palmers are a good drink subsitute. 1/2 sweet tea and 1/2 lemonaide.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Pina Colada Punch (Make in advance and add rum to individual servings if desired)

1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
    1 (8 ounce) can coconut cream
    1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
    1 (2 liter) bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage

In a large plastic container, combine ice cream, crushed pineapple, coconut cream, pineapple juice.
    Mix well and slowly stir in the lemon-lime soda. Freeze for 2-3 hours or until slushy. Add rum if desired.

That sounds so good!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Frozen Strawberry daquiry

Get your favorite premade mix (the premade mixes without alcohol) add a few ripe strawberries, ice and instead of rum I add sprite. Top with whip cream and a whole strawberry cut on the glass.

Great for a hot summer day

You can do the same with Pinacolata!

I have to go with this. YUM.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I love peach so this is a virgin peach bellini and so simple.

1 bottle of sparkling apple cider. ( I like the Martinelli's)
    3 peaches, peeled and chopped.

Put chopped peaches in freezer for an hour before- to make them just a little frozen

Then blend 1/2 bottle of cider and the peaches in blender. Pour the pureed mixture into glass and top with remaining cider.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    pickle juice in bloody mary mix. I did this while pregnant. Gave me heart burn like crazy but tasted good.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    2556613698_a0c5ac0fe8.jpg

Not quite a cocktail, but fun never the less.