Totally Losing Motivation

Options
The change in season's is really putting a damper on my motivation. I did really well from March - September. The past few weeks it's been getting darker earlier, which cuts out my nightly run and makes me want to sit on the couch, watch tv, and bake. I'm scared to start gaining again!

Replies

• Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I was thinking exactly the same thing this morning!!!

I was so good the last few months and had an awesome routine of exercising in the morning before work. Now I struggle to get out of bed! Ive already put on an extra kilo (I think thats 2lb).

Day light savings and extra work commitments have thrown me out of whack!!!

I WONDER HOW EVERYONE IS STAYING MOTIVATED AT THE MOMENT....

:sad:
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    you can still watch tv while jogging in front of it :flowerforyou:

thats what i do when i dont want to leave the house :drinker:
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    ARGH! I'm in the same boat!! Love autumn, but its killin' my weight loss mojo!
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Same here. It's been so gloomy and rainy and blah that I want to go home, put some sweats on and eat comfort food in front of the tv. Luckily, waking up and working out at 4:30, it's still very dark, so you can't really tell how the weather is. I hope I get out of my rut, I've beend doing good for a couple of weeks, but I just have to keep it up! Just try to remember it's the weather and you're still motivated so it shouldn't be getting you down and think that you were doing so well for so long and it would be a waste to just stop now :flowerforyou:
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Just do everything in your power to keep on track and keep your routine. The holidays are always a challenging time when your losing weight.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    We just booked a trip to mexico for Feb. I pretty sure that will kick my motivation into gear for a while.

Otherwise in the fall I do a lot of tapes/treadmill stuff when I can't get to the gym. I really like getting my workout over with in the morning - 5:15 is a little early, but once I'm up - it's not bad. I don't know if morning workouts are an option for you, but if you can make the 10 second descion to get out of bed when the alarm goes off instead of hitting snooze it might help motivate you for the whole day. I tend to eat better and drink more water when I've been working out in the morning.
  • emkay617
    Options
    When you crave comfort food, try soups and grilled cheese! A Progresso light soup will only set you back about 120 calories (I <3 the beef pot roast) and if you do 2 slices of low fat cheese (I <3 weight watchers singles- 35 cals each) on light wheat bread, it would only be about 150 calories... a 270 meal. Hope this helps! Hang in there, you're not alone :)
  • ducky5m48
    ducky5m48 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well fall is my favorite time of year n i love getting out in the weather to jog. I can put on a long sleeve sweat wicking track pullover n some earmuffs and by the time i get jogging i feel great. Another suggestion i have is using the workout dvd's like someone else said. I use the 10 minute solution dvd's n each dvd has 5 ten minute sessions that really get you pumping. n if u do 2 of those plus 5 minute warm up n 5 minute cool down u already have 30 minutes of workout.

Another thing to motivate you in the winter is drag out your bathing suit n throw it on. Nothing gets me more motivated then seeing how i look in it n n knowing tht in just a few months i want to b able to show off a hot bod!

i hope this helps a lil.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    The change in season's is really putting a damper on my motivation. I did really well from March - September. The past few weeks it's been getting darker earlier, which cuts out my nightly run and makes me want to sit on the couch, watch tv, and bake. I'm scared to start gaining again!

Try dancing! I dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have the Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    One thing that really motivates me in the fall is to just imagine how much you can do between now and when the weather starts to warm up again! Sure you don't have the pressure of wearing more skin showing clothes, but use it to your advantage. Think of yourself in the spring/summer of next year, and imagine how accomplished you'll feel if you stay on track this fall/winter! You'll really thank yourself later. I hope this helps!
  • bpietrini
    bpietrini Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It may be a good idea to invest in a gym membership if you haven't already. Or, be sure to have exercise DVD's on hand. The declining weather does mean new T.V. series! Try watching the Biggest Loser while working out at the gym or doing mat exercises. Watching what contestants can do is real motivation and takes your mind of exercising. If they can do, so can I!

206634.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    remember this...the season's are changing, NOT you or your routine.....you want to look and feel great every day so why give up...you are worth it! the holiday's are comin', and soon it will be a new year. make every day a healthy one!