Scale

Options
How often do you weigh yourself? I have found myself becoming obsessed with weighing. I weigh first think in the morning, before lunch, after lunch, before I go to bed..... I know most weight loss sites/ shows say to weigh once a week.... but I was just wondering how often you weigh.

Replies

• now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I do once a week. I find it I weigh too much I get crazy about it.

Your weight changes so much throughout the day that I find it a bit pointless to constantly weigh yourself.

If you find you are becoming obsessed with it try weighing once a month.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Stop the obsession. Weigh yourself once a week.
  • Jesse_Hunter
    Jesse_Hunter Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, Well I can understand how this might become sort of an addiction.

Weighing yourself daily is a waste of time. Your body's water content and stored (undigested) food is going to make your weight fluctuate here and there on a regular basis. One of the purposes of weighing in every week/ two weeks/ month is to get a good average of weight loss for that time period.

Good luck!

http://www.icallthisliving.com
  • MadeInDR022
    MadeInDR022 Posts: 260
    Options
    I weigh myself throughout the week esp if I "lose" weight. I want to make sure that my weight loss stays the same for a few days before logging it. I guess I've become a bit excessive, but I want to lose 15lbs by September for a wedding and I get nervous thinking I won't make it lol
  • thinnnnnnner
    Options
    I weigh myself whenever I feel skinny...
  • NoSpandex
    NoSpandex Posts: 54
    Options
    The scale is not really an accurate measure of much of anything. I weigh about once a month or so if I think about it. Your clothes are the best guide to how you are doing. A few years ago I went down two dress sizes without my weight changing at all. As you build muscle and lose fat, it could look like you are not having success, when you actually are. If you need measurement, use the tape measure or have a professional do BMI measurements for you.
  • DivaJadelyn
    DivaJadelyn Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I weigh for tracking purposes once a week. I will however sometimes step on the scale in the middle of that time just to take a peak to see if I'm retaining water or the like.. but I never track those in between weigh-ins.
  • seardefilip
    Options
    once every two weeks-

what sucks to me is that I find myself loosing inches but my weight is not steady changing- SIGH
  • jenbunny18
    Options
    I've been in that same situation... I get obsessed with weighing myself whenever I get the chance. I would try lowering it to once a day, in the morning because after that it fluctuates due to food and water intake. Then after doing that for awhile, you could try 2-3 times a week? hope this helps!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Just started weighing once a day. That's enough for me. Its more curiosity as to what my body is doing than anything. The number doesn't bother me. But not everyone can do it and not feel depressed if there isn't a downward change. For those people, once a week is enough.
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    I actually do it very often. So I know what affects my weight. I know how my body is responding to everything that I'm doing to it, So I do it in the morning, after a shower, with clothes on, after I eat, after I exercise.... haha, I'm not beating myself up every time though. I think it is fine, But if you obsess over it like getting mad because it doesn't show you what you want to see even though you do nothing different, that is an issue. ;)
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Every day. I like seeing my natural fluctuation so I can see if something is actually a gain or not.
  • PatWasHere
    PatWasHere Posts: 19
    Options
    I weigh daily always in the morning at same time of day. I know most people say once a week is recommended, but here is my thinking. If you weigh yourself once a week, what happens if that once a week happens to be a bad water weight day? Personally I would like to know that the days before I had a certain weight and know that my progress is downwards. Example:

say your trend is generally down. I weigh myself every day.

Days
    1. 192lb
    2. 192lb
    3. 192lb
    4. 192lb
    5. 191lb
    6. 193lb
    7. 194lb <-- water weight hit
    8. 193lb
    9. 192lb
    10. 192lb
    11. 192lb
    12. 192lb
    13. 192lb
    14. 190lb
    15. 190lb

In this example if you only weigh yourself once a week (days 1,7 and 14), then the only weights you will know for 13 days of 14, is that you gained 2lb’s. Sort of depressing. Whereas if you weigh daily you can see the trend is down.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    For me, once a week works. I was getting crazy doing it everyday. Those water weight fluctuations were making me nuts.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    4ibo0l.jpg