How much water is too much

Options
2»

Replies

• sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...you proved drinking water is GREAT!! lol. and its not easy drinking water all day and have no flavor. lol

drinking water IS great. I drink on average of 12-16 glasses per day ( my water bottle holds 4 glasses) with the full approval of my urologist. If you get bored with plain water, add some crystal light ( I put 1pk in 32oz), a few drops of mio, or even some sliced orange/lemon/lime. You can also buy packets of juice crystals called TrueLemon, TrueLime, TrueOrange....
  • Judywoodard1438
    Options
    I drink a lot of unsweet iced tea. Can I use that instead of water?
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Ok so im drinking 4 to 5 bottles of water a day. I think thats about 8 cups of water. So my coworker told me shouldn't drink so much water because i might retain it. Is that true? I dont know if my body holds alot of water, so how would I know? And how much water is too much water? Can you over do it?

Unless your co-worker is a Dr, they are full of ****! I asked my urologist today his opinion on the whole 64oz of fluid a day thing. He said that for every person he sees who drinks too much water, he sees a thousand people who are chronically dehydrated. He also he says that he fully endorses me drinking as much water as I care to. Today's visit was to get the results of my 24hr urine collection I did in June--the day I did it, I drank obscene amounts of water, like 5+qts. He was loving it!
  • jasminecandle
    Options
    You can never drink too much water.