Options
Gogo
Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
Why is it so hard to just love myself the way I am?:cry:

Replies

• oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    beautiful fish tank you are maintaining!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    a big, beautiful salt water tank like yours appears to be, is one of my goals in life.:wink::wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

i can really relate to your feelings.
    too often, i find myself :mad: HATING:mad: myself when i do something, or avoid doing something, i know i probably should. (food, wine, exercise, not helping one of my kids, etc...)
    does that make sence?:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

but i/we need to focus on the good stuff.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    daily, i write down a few things i am grateful/happy about in my life
    ~it has really helped me.:happy: :happy: :happy:
    i note my grats in the "grateful" thread linked under my signature. maybe that can help u a bit too?:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Before I started this lifestyle change I was happy with myself I weighed 185 lbs, but I didn't look at myself as heavy. Until the guy I am seeing told me he can see a big difference in my weight since the last time and I was 170 last time we dated. And the first time we dated I was 130. I got into this place where I was content where I was. But after realizing that I was at an unhealthy weight I decided to start my lifestyle change and I learned of this site from people who were using on it on another forum of mine. Loving yourself is accepting who you are and "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I've only lost 9 lbs and I haven't changed pant sizes or anything, but I am losing some inches. But you'll have to look deep inside yourself and think about WHY you don't love yourself the way you are and figure out what you need to do TO love your self the way you are.

Don't know if that helped, but it's what I"m doing at the moment to love myself.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    if we were perfect we would have nothing to strive for or live for i wish i was more closer to the perfect side this being inperfect is a lot of hard word
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I am sorry for being so pitiful. I was having a Debbie Downer Day yesterday. I really appreciate the comments and suggestions. I will try thinking of something positive each day that I am grateful for and see where that takes me.