Calorie intake?

Options
I am 5'7, 24 years old and I'm currently 192lbs. I've lost 55 lbs the past 10 months, 30lbs from MFP. And I have about 25 left to go.

All of this came from eating between 1150-1300 calories. People started telling me to eat more calories, so I did, around 1500 and I did not lose weight for two weeks, while previously I was losing consistantly around 1-2 lbs a week.

Obviously what I'm doing is working for me. I dont eat back my excersise calories, but I also only burn around 250 a day. Now I dont let my calories drop below 1250. I feel great all the time, lots of energy etc. I never let myself go hungry. I feel satisfied always, and if I do get hungry, I eat!

What I'd like to know is; does this look ok? I know there are ppl out there that believe the whole "Eat more, weigh less" but does this really work for everyone? If I feel good, then my body is satisfied, no? My doctor said the same thing "Your body will tell you if its not enough".

I'd just like to hear ppls opinions...without those "eat more weigh less" fanatics telling me my body is going to shut down! Lol, sorry guys, but I've read some of your posts :)

Replies

• rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Some will say that it takes at least 3 weeks for your body to get used to eating more to weigh less, and many people see no change after less time and go back to their old ways. However, I am more agreeing with you, I gained weight at 1900, maintained at 1760 (my TDEE) but I still don't lose at 1500. So lately I have been around 1200-1400. I say eat when you're hungry, and don't when you're not.
  • giftieetcetera
    giftieetcetera Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You are eating within a normal range (in other words, you aren't starving yourself) and it works for you. I wouldn't change it!
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. It's good to hear other opinions. I feel like its definitely working for me, I mean I've gotten this far :)