Mirror, Mirror on the wall...best facial cleanser of all?

Options
khara2012
khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
I have been working out regularly for the past 4 months and I am noticing more blemishes than I've ever had in my life! I'm washing my face after working out, but even after that, sometimes my I continue to perspire - especially if I've had a really good workout. What are y'all using to keep your complexion clear? :sad:

Replies

• Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I swear by this battery-operated face scrubber I bought from Avon (it was on sale, I thought, why not?). I can't remember the name of it, but it's green and white and amaazing. :D
  • khara2012
    Options
    Thanks! I've thought about that. I've seen commercials for similar products on tv. I'll look into it!
  • notthatway
    Options
    Philosophy Purity gets it all off for me including with any makeup, Cetaphil for Normal (not the Gentle!!) works well too!
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love all things made by MyChelle Dermaceuticals. Sooooo nice and makes my skin happy. Especially their creamy pumpkin cleanser.
  • krisleve
    krisleve Posts: 7
    Options
    Neutrogena foaming face cleanser...it cleans and removes makeup...i also use the pore cleansing toner, that helps to clear breakouts for me
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I swear by this battery-operated face scrubber I bought from Avon (it was on sale, I thought, why not?). I can't remember the name of it, but it's green and white and amaazing. :D

I sell Avon, and I started using their Clearskin line because I get it cheap. Not that it's expensive to begin with. It works better for me than ProActive ever did, and I have some serious hormone-driven problems. Haha.
  • khara2012
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!
  • Holmesy2013
    Holmesy2013 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Dermalogica!
  • caraguard
    caraguard Posts: 41
    Options
    So frustrating, I hear ya!! I recently started using Neutrogena Body Clear and it seems to be working well so far. I also try to keep my hair off my face during workouts. I can't control my sweat, but I figure I can at least control my hair!! LOL, well sometimes... :b
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Chances are it isn't your sweat causing the problem -- It's your hair products, hitching a ride onto your face. A good sweatband/hairband might help.

Any gentle cleaner should remove dirt from your pores.
    If you want an inexpensive face wash -- try baby shampoo mixed with water. And I know some people who love St. Ives Apricot Scrub.

And some people make their own toner with baby aspirin, which contains salytic acid (an acne-fighter)
  • future_runner
    future_runner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I use Clinique. Its pricey but lasts a long time and they often run specials. Its a three step system: face wash, clarifying lotion (more like a toner not an actual lotion but they call it lotion) and the dramatically different gel. There are 4 different formulas to fit your skin type. I often stay hot for a while after working out too. Try washing your face with cold water after the workout.

Edit: The dramatically different gel is literally the best stuff I have ever put on my face. Over time it minimizes pores and evens out your skin tone. There is no spf in it, but they do offer other facial moisturizers and make-up with spf.
  • solaryellowtj
    solaryellowtj Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Philosophy Purity is my favorite! Ive tried Neutrogena and I had an allergic reaction to it. I even tried Estee Lauder clarifing wash and that worked for awhile but then not so much and my friend suggested Philosophy and I love it! I use Purity and use Hope in a Jar for moisturizer and then some times the microdelivery as a scrub. Love it!
  • Long_and_Lean
    Long_and_Lean Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I use Cetaphil for normal/oily skin. Harsh cleansers can sometimes make the situation worse if you have inflamed skin already (from blemishes). Also I know it's counter-intuitive, but a good oil free moisturizer has done wonders for me. I use Boscia daily oil-free hydration (and I have very oily skin!). Get it at Sephora.
  • mittensofdoom
    mittensofdoom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I use Cetaphil for normal/ oily skin. I also use a Clarisonic face scrubber (probably similar to the Avon deal) a few times a week. Clearasil also makes an "adult formula" topical cream that's easier on the skin.
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    I am obsessed with DermaDoctor's Ain't Misbehavin' line.

"Ain’t Misbehavin’ medicated aha/bha acne cleanser is formulated to clear blemishes and work synergistically with your daily acne control regimen.
    This soothing, non-foaming formula is ideal for anyone looking to reduce excess oiliness, mattify shine or simply refresh their complexion."

http://www.dermadoctor.com/conditions/acne/aint-misbehavin-medicated-aha-bha-acne-cleanser.html
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with blemishes for over half my life now. The best thing I have ever done for my skin is eat clean and drink more water. My skin is glowing now, and save for the occasional pop-ups from my hormones, it looks better than it ever has. Even my scars seem to finally be healing.
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I love Neutrogena Naturals cleanser and makeup remover.....its a holy grail thing for me ;)
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have sensitive combination skin, and I absolutely love Dr Murads cleanser. It's more of a gel than typical cleanser and it's never irritated my face once. There is a whole line of products for different skin types as well as anti aging :) I buy it at Sephora but the nicer/newer Shoppers Drug Marts carry it as well.
  • NJGmywholewrld
    NJGmywholewrld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I was a derm nurse for a while and docs always recommended....Baby wash. Very gentle to the skin and will not dry you out. I use it everyday....and it is tear free!!! LOL