A Walking Question

Options
Hi there. I have a question about walking and water bottles. I usually carry a backpack when I am walking to hold my water. Lately its too hot to have something on my back, so I was wondering what do you guys use for walking or jogging? I don't like to hold it in my hands.

Thanks!

Replies

• Maintain4Life
    Options
    You can get a really cool running waist pack:

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=672097011

I gave you the above link because I've found the reviews to be really helpful in choosing my pack. BTW -- these aren't fanny packs. :-)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I actually don't even take water. I hydrate like crazy all day and don't end up feeling thirsty when I work out.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    A fuel belt is good. I have a backpack with a water bladder right now but I plan to buy a fuel belt sometime soon....when I get tired of my backpack lol.

Before I got my backpack, I would stash water bottles along my route so I didnt have to carry them. I also carried them in my hand even though I didn't like them. They were good weights until I drank all the water.
  • Deltafliers
    Deltafliers Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I want to do this..my neighbors have a camelbak with extra bladders. The night before they fill a bladder and place it in the freezer. Can you imagine how awesome that must feel to have a cold drink and something cool on your back? :o)
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I got a waist pack from Walmart for 9.99. It holds my keys, water bottle, pepper spray, and cell phone for emergencys.
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Add one more to the belt crew.
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I don't hydrate during, I'm well hydrated before (all day every day) so that the 3.5 miles I do isn't dehydrating me to the point where I need to intake water during that time.
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I wear cargo shorts/pants and put a 16 oz water bottle in my pocket on each side. Looks a little dorky, but I hike in the woods so very few people see me.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I drink up before I go. But I'm not out for long- under an hour.
  • MrsHyland
    MrsHyland Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I want to do this..my neighbors have a camelbak with extra bladders. The night before they fill a bladder and place it in the freezer. Can you imagine how awesome that must feel to have a cold drink and something cool on your back? :o)

Awesome suggestion! I'm going to have to try that! Thanks for sharing
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I try to drink well before I go, but at least during the summer, I still fin myself needing water while I'm out and I usually do 2-3.5 miles at a time. I use a Fuel belt with a pouch for my phone, and I have two of their little bottles that clip on.
  • kgeer31
    kgeer31 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    good call onthe "weights"...I never looked at it that way...