New to site and my pants don't fit

Hello board,

Well here is something that I thought I would never do in my life but then again we probably say that about alot of things. I am new to this and have a great wife helping me get through it. She is 24 weeks pregnant and my excuss for my weigth gain is that "it's simpathy weight". I have been great at losing weight up till I turned 30 and then it has been down hill from there. I thought nothing of it when I couldn't button my pants and in my denial I lefted them unbutton and just put a belt on to hold them up. I'm not happy about my weight gaining, I feel tired most of the time and now with our first son in soccer and getting active in sports I can't keep up. So I hope that this will help me get to my target goal, get a better body and able to be active with my son and family. Thanks for reading my topic and if you would like to comment, please send me a reply. Take care and God Bless.

Josh

Replies

• Hello board,

Well here is something that I thought I would never do in my life but then again we probably say that about alot of things. I am new to this and have a great wife helping me get through it. She is 24 weeks pregnant and my excuss for my weigth gain is that "it's simpathy weight". I have been great at losing weight up till I turned 30 and then it has been down hill from there. I thought nothing of it when I couldn't button my pants and in my denial I lefted them unbutton and just put a belt on to hold them up. I'm not happy about my weight gaining, I feel tired most of the time and now with our first son in soccer and getting active in sports I can't keep up. So I hope that this will help me get to my target goal, get a better body and able to be active with my son and family. Thanks for reading my topic and if you would like to comment, please send me a reply. Take care and God Bless.

Josh
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,931 Member
    Josh,

I threw away an entire wardrobe three years ago. I got sick, lost 47 pounds, bought all the size 12 stuff, threw away all the 16-18-20s so I wouldn't have any "fat clothes," and now I'm buying those 14-16s again. That is the highest number in Womens' clothing before we have to go to "Big Girl" sizes. I now have two pairs of pants, and a few tops that fit me. I just bought a dress because it is one that will shrink with me and I needed a dress. But I still have the brand new size 12s- haven't worn some of them - and I will be wearing them by Christmas!

We feel your pain and we are pulling for you! There are a few men here who have had a lot of success...read through all the posts, even the old ones, there is alot of support and inspiration.

cm