Women only (intensity of workouts and spotting)

Options
When I first started doing circuits I noticed a bit of spotting in between periods...now that I have just stepped up my program I am spotting again (only for a little while after exercise, then it goes away). Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Nobody...Really?! Uh oh.
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I work out intensely too. Like today I burned over 1800 calories. I have never spotted from it. Are you on BC?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Are you on any type of birth control? Happens to me, but I have Mirena.
  • girlonabikedc
    girlonabikedc Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    It happens to me occasionally, especially with high impact stuff like running. I don't know why. It's never bothered me too much to find out.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    When I had a heavy cycle, I'd have issues with spotting after/during workouts or sex. I'd mention it to your doctor on your next womanly exam.

My cycles were heavy due to a thyroid issue. Now that it's under control and my cycle is in the normal range, I don't spot.
  • iieee
    iieee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have spotting a lot, but I've got the implant (implanon)
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    I have not had this issue. I am on the Nuva ring. I have heard that exercise can change your hormones, pretty much anything can, if your worried about it, I suggest seeing a doctor. Though, IMO it's probably not that big of a deal, but it wouldn't hurt to talk to a doctor about it.
  • paintlisapurple
    Options
    No. This only seems to happen when I work out super hard. I changed my workout because my old one seemed almost too easy. This one includes 2 ten minute circuits from different workouts...a 10 minute fat blasting workout and a (snicker*) "booty" boot camp.

I dunno whats going on and don't have insurance to get checked either. (sigh*) If its happening to so many others it must just be another one of those feminine issues. :huh:

Thanks for the replies!
  • Kim_al72
    Kim_al72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have experienced this off and on. Usually happens around ovulation. I saw my dr. about it, fhad an ultrasound...no problems. Bizarre. If you're concerned, I'd speak with your doc., though.

Just an afterthought....do you have children? I have 4 and have often wondered if that has anything to do with it...
  • lisasdoinit
    lisasdoinit Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i had spotting when i worked out as well. Turned out i had a cyst on the opening of my cervix - DONT PANIC! Cysts are ok..it's not cancer, it's just annoying.

Had a good ole fashioned scraping out (i referred to it as a lube, oil and filter..made the gyno laugh so hard he had to put down the wand thingy)..

Good as new now:)
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue & I do Insanity as well, I think it's normal (well maybe b/c it doesn;t bother me) & I'm not on birth control.
  • paintlisapurple
    Options
    Hi

I have experienced this off and on. Usually happens around ovulation. I saw my dr. about it, fhad an ultrasound...no problems. Bizarre. If you're concerned, I'd speak with your doc., though.

Just an afterthought....do you have children? I have 4 and have often wondered if that has anything to do with it...

Yes I have four myself...They range from 24 years down to 22 months.
  • paintlisapurple
    Options
    I have the same issue & I do Insanity as well, I think it's normal (well maybe b/c it doesn;t bother me) & I'm not on birth control.

Insanity is that what its called? No wonder I felt like dying afterwards. :ohwell:
  • Rover234
    Rover234 Posts: 17
    Options
    yes, major issue for me for two years...having ablation surgery to stop the spotting. You should definitely schedule an appointment to talk to your obgyn about this
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Yep, after about two years finally went to the doctor and had a polyp removed. I started out with spotting after really intense exercise, but then over time started happening more frequently, until it was essentially every month. Probably nothing major, but you should definitely get checked out.