Desk Workouts

Options
Anybody do exercises while sitting at their desks? Anybody have any exercises they do that they can share?

I try and just march in place underneath my desk because nobody can really tell I'm working out.

Replies

• SGreen134
    SGreen134 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have a stand/sit desk and when standing I will do calf raises if nobody else is standing at their desk :laugh:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    No.
    That just sounds silly....lol
  • jly33403
    jly33403 Posts: 49
    Options
    No but we have private "Touchdown" rooms for cell phone calls, and sometimes I go in there and do some wall sits or squats when I need a break from thinking.
  • portalm
    portalm Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Chair dips for tricep work out.
  • hammie1986
    hammie1986 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll do this thing where I try to get my belly button to touch my spine (hypothetically) without using any other muscles besides abs. It's a pretty good workout if you really commit to it.
  • Wilson929
    Wilson929 Posts: 100
    Options
    I do them all the time !!
    Here are some of the ones I do pretty much all day long...
    Glutes: While sitting just squeeze each cheek back and forth for what ever count you want and then squeeze both for a hold count....repeat.
    Abs: Contract your core and then shift your mid section back and forth. Keeping your butt and shoulders stationary. Kinda like a belly dance move. Then finish this one off with some belly rolls....repeat.
    Calves I have a "step" under my desk. You can use whatever to elivate your legs up and then I sit with my feet half on..heels off the back and raise up and down. Think like doing standing calve raises, but sitting
    Arms: I try to find a quiet low traffic place that has a countertop and do standing push ups. Just place hands on the countertop and walk feet back a bit. Now do a push up. I REALLY like these !! I do them in the rest room - LOL
    Another Arms: Bring your hands together into a prayer, or namaste yoga position and squeeze together, hold for 10 to 20 sec. and again repeat.