There is no way I gained four pounds, right??

Options
So I weighed myself last week on Thursday. Got up, went to the bathroom, weighed maybe 20 or 30 minutes later, and I had reached my goal of 120 pounds. I was very excited =)

Granted, it has not been a week since yet, and it was not the same time, but I weighed myself just now and I came out to 124 pounds. I do know that people fluctuate, and I'm assuming that's what's going on here.

But my question is, is it possible that I never weighed the 120? The scale can't weigh you at -less- than what you are, right?

That is, assuming the scale is in top shape obviously, and it has had no problems and has been in the same range for a long time now, and seems to be in the same working order it has been. It couldn't weigh me in at less, and then randomly add four pounds...is my logic sound here??

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Have you eaten 14,000 calories above maintenance in the past week?

It's probably just a normal fluctuation especially considering you weighed yourself first thing in the morning last week and then (depending on what time zone you're in) mid afternoon this week (your weight fluctuates throughout the day)
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    If you weighed yourself first thing in the morning, then weighed yourself mid-day ON THE SAME DAY I'd fully expect a 4 pound variance. Maybe more.

A gallon of water weighs 8.35 pounds. So if you drink 16 ounces of water, that's about a pound you just added. Eat a good meal, and you'll weigh an extra couple of pounds or more until you rid yourself of the undigested bits several hours later.

Cheap bathroom scales are cheap bathroom scales, so you may actually weigh more than your scale says. But weigh yourself tomorrow in the morning immediately after your visit to the toilet.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Have you been eating high sodium meals? My weight can jump up to 3 pounds overnight when I eat a lot of sodium.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Try weighing yourself at the same time Thursday.
  • scrumpsiousbum
    Options
    it could just be normal changes in water weight. Also i find i go up a few pounds just before that time of the month