what's YOUR proudest weight loss milestone?

Options

Replies

• Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    So far - wearing size 12 (Australia) work trousers last week for the first time in 9 years.
    I even changed my photo to show them.
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I jogged for 30 minutes without stopping(I used to have to catch my breath when I walked). I weigh less now than I did before I had my daughter. My old jeans are fitting me now (almost cried with this one). :drinker:
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    the fact that my skinny clothes(size 16 US) don't even fit me anymore!!! I've been chunky for a long time and have nothing that fits anymore :happy: :drinker:
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I shared this on facebook a few days ago to mixed reviews.... :D

The 5 gallon jug of water I am holding in this photo weighs about 40 lbs which represents my weight loss over the last few months. My next milestone is 60 lbs which will put me close to my goal and interestingly is how much an elephant penis weighs. Don't expect any pictures of me holding that... I'm too bashful to do nudes. ;)

21221599_7109.jpg

Really? That's around how much I have lost but I don't know why I didn't feel like it was THAT much...thanks :flowerforyou:
  • IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER
    IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    OHHHH SOOOO MANY.. WHEN I COULD CROSS MY LEG>>>>>>LOL LOL.. AND WHEN I REALIZED I COULD PAINT MY OWN TOE NAILS... LOL LOL LOL
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My proudest and most exciting moment (happened today!) was realising I am thinner than I have ever been since I was 15, I'm going into uncharted territory now!
  • antonette15
    antonette15 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Getting to 154.6, which meant I had gone from morbidly obese (260) to a normal BMI in just a few days shy of one year!

Way to go!!! That is amazing! I hope to be in the 150's like you!
  • antonette15
    antonette15 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Being 183 lbs. which I haven't been since high school! I was also able to fit into some smaller clothes, even a size Medium dress.
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    Running a 5K.

Getting under 200 pounds.

Every time one of my kids came home from school, and said, "Mom (insert friend's name here) didn't know who you were because you have lost so much weight!"
  • 2_young_2B_old
    2_young_2B_old Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I haven't had mine yet, but y'all inspire. Congrats!
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options

The 5 gallon jug of water I am holding in this photo weighs about 40 lbs which represents my weight loss over the last few months. My next milestone is 60 lbs which will put me close to my goal and interestingly is how much an elephant penis weighs. Don't expect any pictures of me holding that... I'm too bashful to do nudes. ;)

21221599_7109.jpg
    Wow! I really appreciate that visual (I'm referring to the jug). I can't believe that at one time I carried around 3 of those!! Maybe at 60 pounds you could take a picture with 60 pounds of butter -- you could shape it like an elephant's penis.
  • jamlastsforages
    Options
    A pair of my jeans that I never needed to wear belt with before slid off past my butt when I was in the train. XD
  • AmyG27
    AmyG27 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

21221599_7109.jpg

Awesome job!! and LOL @ elephant penis.. and how do you know how much one of those weighs?
  • kmcmen
    kmcmen Posts: 12
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Having lost 6 lbs while on a 11 day vacation!!!! I could hardly believe it myself!!!!
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i have a couple from my 4 year journey--I can't just name one!

1st: I had bought a pair of size 14 goal weight jeans (they were on sale for like $10 at the Gap). I was an 18/20 at the time of purchase. I had them hanging on my closest so I saw them everyday and when I went to try them on for the first time, they were too big.
    2nd: When I fit into my first size 12 jeans AND dresses (normally I had to buy a size bigger in dresses for my stomach)... and yes, I still have the goal weight 14 pair as a keepsake reminder...and also when I borrowed a dress from my much skinnier sister's closet & it fit and I wore it PROUDLY!
    3rd: When I realized I lost 50+lbs considering that I hadn't realized I had 50+lbs on my body TO lose.
    4th: My complete running journey leading me to completing my first half marathon this past March and the 2012 AJC Peachtree Road Race. I HATED running as a kid and I'm amazed at how easy running has become for me and the amount of miles in a row I am able to run...every time I add another mile, it's a proud moment for me.
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I actually have a couple:

When I downgraded from being "Obese" to merely being "Overweight;"
    When my parents noticed (on a Skype call) my weight loss in my face and neck without my saying anything;
    When I weeded out all my sweat pants from my wardrobe (too big!);
    When I fit into a pair if Size 12 Levis;
    Each time MFP has downsized my calorie quota;
    Each time I earned a FitBIt badge;
    When an overweight co-worker asked me how I was doing it (so she could do it too);
    When my husband decided he needed to pay more attention to his own weight;
    When my daughter noticed there wasn't as much of me to hug!

:-)
  • little_lisid
    little_lisid Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have had a few:

When I unpacked a box from storage - the clothes I didn't take travelling with me cause they were too small are now so large they look ridiculous.
    Have dropped 3 bra chest strap sizes since Feb, which is good and bad (the bad being the expensive side of it :D)
    Having a spare 8inches or so on my belts - I have punched about 7 more holes in my favouite one and it reaches around the side of my pants to the belt guide thats just behind my left hip (I really love this one cause its a constant reminder of my weight loss).
  • Linkedkube
    Linkedkube Posts: 53
    Options
    Being able to steal my clothes back from my younger brother that I bought over 6 years ago :)
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    This might be bad.. but its kinda funny also ;)

I was in a store the other day and was trying to get around this lady, she got all huffy with me and told me to move my skinny little *kitten* rofl!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    All of these milestones are so amazig and inspiring!!! Cant wait til I can add mine to the list :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!