Out of the Mouths of Babes

Sitting here at work, kinda bored, and I find myself laughing thinking about the funny stuff my 2 year old says.

For example, she's getting a bit confused about what to call her daddy. We're very close to my brother, and of course his son calls my husband Uncle Nick. My daughter now calls my husband Uncle Daddy. (Cue the banjo music!)

Another weird Tessa-ism....every bump, bruise, cut on her little body (from falling...worlds clumsiest child) is from "deer bites!".

What do your kids say that makes you laugh?

Replies

• jocelynna
    jocelynna Posts: 137 Member
    My son is also 2.

We have a 7 month old dog named Angus that his dad takes to work with him every day (he is in construction). Every morning on our way to daycare, he tells me "Daddy and *kitten* au at wouk" (are, work) yes, he calls our dog *kitten*.

I also love that anytime someone coughs or sneezes he asks them if they are ok. And, if someone asks him if he is ok, he responds with "I'm ok, teek you" (thank you)
  • Jbjessi
    Jbjessi Posts: 288
    when i was explaining to my niece that i was going to have a baby a couple years ago she said "does he have a baby door?"
    when he was born i showed her and said hes here and she said "yep now you can put him back"
    it cracks me up every time i think about it
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    One of my 2 year old yesterday, as I was standing in my underwear mid change for the gym, patted me on my butt and said "I'm sexy and I know it." I did not teach this to him. Apparently he's been spending too much time with the baby sitters 15 year old daughter.

In the morning, I will ask my other 2 year old (twins) if he wants a cup with milk. He tells me every morning that he wants coffee.
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member

I also love that anytime someone coughs or sneezes he asks them if they are ok. And, if someone asks him if he is ok, he responds with "I'm ok, teek you" (thank you)

I don't know why but this cracked me up. TOO CUTE!
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    All of these stories are adorable! Gotta love kids!
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    After one rough day at after school daycare, I got a behavior report for the kids hurting eachother- my kids are 5 and 8. So they next day as I was dropping them off I told my son to keep his hands to himself. I then looked at my daughter and told her the same thing. She promptly replied, "and my teeth too?" Ummm yes... your teeth too.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    :laugh: Yeah, enjoy it while it lasts. Mine are teenagers now, and not so cute.

I remember when they were small and adorable. They get mad when I remind them! :tongue:

*LOVE* the "sexy and I know it" comment :laugh: :laugh: :heart: :heart: :tongue:
  • nroisland
    nroisland Posts: 254 Member
    I also have a 2 year old and at night after we read our book and rock she'll say "I love you mommy" and I'll say "I love you too baby" and she'll respond "I am not a baby, I am Ava".... Cracks me up every single night.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 543 Member
    I was trying on bathing suits with my 6 year old and she noticed the small tattoo I have on my hip. She wants to know what it is and when I got it. I told her I was in my twenties. She says "WOW, that was a long time ago!!!" I could hear the snickers from all the other ladies trying on clothes.
  • droogievesch
    droogievesch Posts: 202
    I was walking with my 8 year old step daughter of the weekend. We were talking about volcanoes at the time, and she said, "Hawaii has lots of volcanos!" and I said, "Yup, that it does." She then replied, "I want to go to Hawaii some day. It's right next to Oklahoma ya know". I had to turn my head and pretend to look at something so she wouldn't see me laughing. We live in Wisconsin, so maybe to her Oklahoma might as well be half way across the world (or maybe because Oklahoma kind of sounds foreign?)
  • jocelynna
    jocelynna Posts: 137 Member
    I also have a 2 year old and at night after we read our book and rock she'll say "I love you mommy" and I'll say "I love you too baby" and she'll respond "I am not a baby, I am Ava".... Cracks me up every single night.

This reminds me of my son too. Every nightafter reading a book and turning out the light I tell him "I love you, good night". He responds with "bye baby" because I used to tell him "good night baby".
  • Salamanda425
    Salamanda425 Posts: 358
    My daughter LOVES the "Sexy and I know It" song.....she sings it "I'm sexy and I known it" I had to video tape it b/c it was so darn cute!

Yesterday while in the truck, she was between my husband and me in her carseat. She reached over, put one hand on each of our bellies and said "You guys have big tummies!". (Little brat! lol)