TEA

Options

Replies

• pleasinglypretty
    Options
    I have to admit. I love green tea but I've been trying to stay away from it while breastfeeding since some babies are sensitive to even small amounts of caffeine and I've never found a decaf version that I care much for. I'm a big fan of rooibos. There are lots of flavors out there now that it's become more popular. I have heard that people consider it an acquired taste, though, so you're forewarned. It's sometimes also referred to as "bush" tea. You might also like white tea. It's from the same plant as green tea but doesn't have a strong, tannic flavor. It's very mellow and light. The Republic of Tea makes several nice flavors (looooove the pineapple guava flavor) but I find their stuff kind of expensive. Fortunately a lot more people are making white tea blends now so you're starting to see them at a variety of prices. I also really like any herbal tincture blend with hibiscus in it. Hibiscus is pretty refreshing and makes for a lovely iced tea.

PINEAPPLE GUAVA!!!!! that sounds oh too heavenly. i guess i'm more of a fruit tea kinda girl :P
    i'd like to try some white tea.
    hell i'd like to try every single tea out there, ugh!!
  • pleasinglypretty
    Options
    Tazo tea has a "Zen" blend. It is a green tea with some mint in it. I prefer it to straight green tea and can drink quite a bit of the stuff. I actually prefer it over ice.
    lovelovelove mint in tea mmm
  • pleasinglypretty
    Options
    chai or yerba mate for energy, vanilla sleepytime at night (this stuff knocks me out!)
    i had that vanilla tea one time! i thought it was just all talk but it's like freakin' nyquil!!
  • gibsy
    gibsy Posts: 112
    Options
    With green tea it can be bitter if it's over steeped, or steeped in water that is too hot. Once your kettle has boiled just wait a minute or two before pouring it to bring it down to the right temperature. Also, don't steep for more than a minute or two and you'll avoid releasing those harsh tannins.

I find Japanese sencha or genmaicha to be nice green teas, on the sweeter side when properly steeped. Try those! Genmaicha is super cheap too.

I'm also a big fan of oolong, again, careful about the water temp and steeping.

Right now I'm making a medicinal herbal tea each day for anxiety which happens to be very very tasty, so if you have anxiety or find yourself stressed out I recommend a blend of passionflower, lemonbalm, skullcap and chamomile, with a bit of honey and lemon. It's delicious either warm or iced, and it's really calming too (which I find helps calm that part of my appetite that comes from wanting to soothe stress. bonus!)

For tea bags you can get at any grocery store, I do like really like lemon ginger.

Oh yeah, and there's this medicinal herb company in Canada, I'm not sure if you can get a hold of their stuff where you are, but Clef des Champs makes this tea called "healthy weight" which is a good nourishing tea to aid weight loss.
  • pleasinglypretty
    Options
    Bigelow makes green tea with mango and green tea with pomegranate and both are delicious. I don't even feel like I am drinking green tea. I also love celestial seasonings candy cane lane at Christmas time and their red tea vanilla is great too.
    i just love pomegranate with anything if i'm being honest lol :D
    i think i've had the candy cane one during christmas time, too! delishhh
  • pleasinglypretty
    Options
    Awesome topic! I'm in love w/yerba mate for energy. For taste, I adore chai. I also just got some yerba mate w/green tea & peppermint (from whole foods) to try to get the caffeine & help ease my tummy, and that's pretty good too.
    thanks!
    i have never tried chai. what kind of flavor does it have?
    & i like anything with peppermint. soo good. also i love the smell, it clears up my nose sometimes, like magic 0.o
  • pleasinglypretty
    Options
    Orange Spice is the best. Cup of tea, a blanket a laptop to get my writing creativity on, on a cold winter day. Beats any day

sounds sososo good. i can't wait for winter. even though i'm in florida. LOL
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    white tea with truvia. perf.
  • pleasinglypretty
    Options
    Current favorite is peach passionfruit green tea. Me and my husband steep the bags, throw it in a big pitcher and add a sliced up lemon and some sugar. Saves us soo much money too!

oooh sounds amazing :o
  • mrscewinters
    mrscewinters Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    teavana.com way too addicting
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    I love tea! I order a lot from adagio.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    gotta have my tea. my favorite is African Rooibos w/ a slice of lemon. totally caffeine free.
  • takechances
    Options
    Chai tea with milk! Yum!
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I LOVE any Yogi brand teas, or any herbal 'calming' herb teas. I've had terrible anxiety/depression for while now and these seem to really keep me at a level mood!

Plus tea with fruit is AMAZING. My roommate got this tea that is Berry YOGURT flavored tea from Germany! :P It's sooo creamy and yummy.
  • pleasinglypretty
    Options
    With green tea it can be bitter if it's over steeped, or steeped in water that is too hot. Once your kettle has boiled just wait a minute or two before pouring it to bring it down to the right temperature. Also, don't steep for more than a minute or two and you'll avoid releasing those harsh tannins.

I find Japanese sencha or genmaicha to be nice green teas, on the sweeter side when properly steeped. Try those! Genmaicha is super cheap too.

I'm also a big fan of oolong, again, careful about the water temp and steeping.

Right now I'm making a medicinal herbal tea each day for anxiety which happens to be very very tasty, so if you have anxiety or find yourself stressed out I recommend a blend of passionflower, lemonbalm, skullcap and chamomile, with a bit of honey and lemon. It's delicious either warm or iced, and it's really calming too (which I find helps calm that part of my appetite that comes from wanting to soothe stress. bonus!)

For tea bags you can get at any grocery store, I do like really like lemon ginger.

Oh yeah, and there's this medicinal herb company in Canada, I'm not sure if you can get a hold of their stuff where you are, but Clef des Champs makes this tea called "healthy weight" which is a good nourishing tea to aid weight loss.

wow! i never knew you had to be so specific when making the tea :0 i got a generic green tea once from the grocery store and i just boiled the water and threw it in, let it sit for 5 mins... no wonder i didn't like it!

i've always wanted to try chamomile. & passionflower sounds just delicious. i love anything with the words passion, fruit, peach, mango, pomagranate.... if anything is in it, it's for me lol

& i am getting stressed a lot more easily... i'm starting college next month! so nerve racking. but anyways. :)

thank you for this!!! <3
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I LOVE teas! I always have a huge variety on hand. The Numi Variety Box is really cool... 18 pouches of all different teas - green, black & herbal. Some of my favorites: Gunpowder Green, Sencha, Rooibos, Honeybush, Magnolia Pu-erh... :drinker:

And, with "standard" green teas, I usually do what I call a "bag rinse", where I pour about 1/2 cup of hot water over it, dump that out, then fill the cup with water to steep.
  • pleasinglypretty
    Options
    I LOVE any Yogi brand teas, or any herbal 'calming' herb teas. I've had terrible anxiety/depression for while now and these seem to really keep me at a level mood!

Plus tea with fruit is AMAZING. My roommate got this tea that is Berry YOGURT flavored tea from Germany! :P It's sooo creamy and yummy.

berry yogurt omg i want some my mouth might be watering a little bit :P
  • estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I love tea! Chai is my favourite :3
  • pleasinglypretty
    Options
    teavana.com way too addicting

oh jesus this site is insane!!!!!!!!!!
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options