One of the best feelings EVER!!

Options
I'm so overweight but i've been working out. I hate running but thought i'd give it a try again. Today I ran a mile in 12.5 mins. For me this is a HUGE accomplishment. I just wanted to share the joy and to remind everyone out there that you can do ANYTHING you set your mind to. Small goals or big ones....there's not a better feeling than when you accomplish something.

Replies

• emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Good job =)
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Great job! Every time you get out there to run you'll improve! It's not only good for the body but for the soul! Keep at it!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!

When I was younger I hated running too but when I started again a few years ago it was the sense of accomplishment that got me hooked. There are a lot of things in our lives we can't control but this isn't one of them. Keep it up!
  • Ainsleyjane90
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! The kind words are much appreciated :D
  • Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Well done! Good for you for getting out there and doing it! I just started running a couple of months ago. Never thought I could run, didn't even like running...until I started and kept at it. Now I love it! I find the first 10 minutes the hardest, then something happens and I just feel great! Keep at it and enjoy!!