New Here!!!!!!

amelvin
amelvin Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi I am Alissa and I am from North Carolina. I have been dieting since December of 2008. My starting weight was 368 lbs. I have Polycystric Ovarian Disorder and I have always had problems with my weight.

I talked my gyno into prescribing me Phentermine (that's probably spelled wrong) and it has really helped me. I was having blood pressure problems but no sugar problems.

Currently I weigh 277 lbs and I feel so much better. My blood pressure is back to normal but I still need to lose over 100 lbs.

Replies

• AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    This is a really great site here. Everything about i will help you succeed
  • Hi Alissa,

Welcome. I believe this site is a great resource. I am looking forward to postings at this site w/others for motivation, great suggestions and great conversation! You are inspiring.

Started several months ago, and am more determined now than ever because I have high blood pressure issues, high triglycerides, passed out at dinner the other night (at a restaurant!). Doctor said today to lose weight and exercise or go on meds. Will do.

Take care.

Vivian
  • bethany_jurries
    bethany_jurries Posts: 169 Member
    Hi! I have PCOS as well! I know what a pain it is. I am sorry! Good Job and not using it as an excuse and trying to overcome it! :smile: If you ever need any encouragement let me know! I am great about keeping up with people and making sure you are on track! God Bless and Keep up with it!
    Bethany
  • hi everyone my name is sherry. i have lost 60 pounds for gastric bypass operation. my starting weight was 308.i am at 252 now. lately i have been feeling discouraged.i still need to lose 100 .pounds.my knees are ful of arthritis and it is painful to walk. i am doing much better though.I want to know if the calculations ofcarories is right because i go by them. any one out there ? :smile:
  • bethany_jurries
    bethany_jurries Posts: 169 Member
    As far as I know the calorie calculations are right on. I have looked at them compared to the numbers I get on nutrition facts. I have also compared the fitness ones to the one I have received on exercise machines and online calculators. This site is legit. I have lost 12lbs using the info on here only!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Welcome to MFP!! Everyone is right when they say that logging, logging, logging really helps! And there are great people here to offer support and motivation. Drink LOTS of water. Find a way you like to drink it: cold, hot, warm, room temp. Different strokes for different folks. Log your exercises, Log your food. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.