Please help me help myself!

Options
Hello everyone! I need help adding more calories to me diet. I am hypothyroid and already have a metabolism that is shot! I feel that I have been eating well but not getting enough calories. I am not doing this on purpose I am just not hungry and not sure what kinds of foods I should be eating/adding or replacing to get to my daily goal. Additionally, and am struggling getting in my calories then I exercise and make it even harder to reach my daily calorie goal.

I think my issue of not be hungry stems from my past history….I am very busy and didn’t always make time to eat dinner; most days I would simply skip it because I would be so busy I would forget about it. Now that I am actually eating (and monitoring my calorie intake) I can’t seem to eat what I need to eat to lose weight.

I have consistently weighed 169 for some time (greater than 6 months, back in 2009 when I joined MFP I weighed 169) no matter what I eat or don’t eat. For one month now I have been eating healthy with lots of lean meat and fruits and vegetables. I have never been a water drinker; period! I drink glasses nearly every day now and exercise (cardio, 1 hr) at least 5 days a week. In one month I have only lost 2 pounds; however, I know I am losing inches because I am wearing clothes I couldn’t wear 2 weeks ago. (measuring tomorrow so I can manage this also)

Can you please look at my food log and provide recommendations? Please don’t judge my poor choices of my breakfast choices this past weekend and yesterday. I don’t typically don’t choose to eat that way I just had a late start getting out for church Sunday and had to grab and go with what I had and Monday something thing because my grandma had surgery and needed to leave the house very early.

Again I am hypothyroid (had my thyroid removed and am on synthyroid). I am 5’3” and weigh in at 167. I am short and stocky and have always had very muscular thighs from playing soccer. I believe over the past year or so I have caused my body to turn my muscle into fat due to my eating choices or lack of eating choices. I know my muscles are very weak now compared to what they used to be and believe right now I am building these muscles again through the elliptical and the treadmill which could be why I am not seeing a drop on the scale; however, I believe that because I can’t seem to eat enough calories daily (again not by choice) that this also is why I am not seeing a drop on the scale.

Please help me help myself!

~Thanks

Replies

• msmimi
    msmimi Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you're asking. But here's a shot in the dark......in addition to everything you're doing right....Log in consistently EVERY single day, drink a minimum of 8-10 glasses of water EVERYDAY, look at your food journal entry on 7/10/12. Your days should look like that. Plenty of food with minus some high calorie selections.