opinions needed

Options
So I do a lot of shippment at work and i work long hours should i include that as a workout?

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Probably not; if you have a physically demanding job you should probably adjust your activity level to more accurately reflect your normal energy expenditures (assuming you've set yours to sedentary)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Probably not; if you have a physically demanding job you should probably adjust your activity level to more accurately reflect your normal energy expenditures (assuming you've set your to sedentary)

Agree!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    That's a negative, ghost rider.
  • Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    How long have you been working with this type of activity. Has it lead to any weight loss recently? If you've been doing this type of work more than a month and you haven't noticed any significant weight changes (3 or more lbs) in the last few weeks with just this type of activity, then I would not count is as exercise. Let's think about it, we all have activities in our day that we do on a regular basis, and certainly they require cals to fuel this activity, but you don't necessary log walking up and down the stairs in your home as "exercise", right. I only log "exercise" if it was activity that is above and beyone my "normal" daily activity. Certainly the work you do has some benefits, but I'd hate for you to have a false impression that you're using more cals than you actually are just because you're counting your normal daily activities. Just be sure to account for a more active lifestyle when you set up your calory target.
    Best wishes!
  • pyroctopus
    pyroctopus Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ive been working in it since march and ive lost about 10 pounds since i have been there
  • rcolours7
    rcolours7 Posts: 69
    Options
    get a HRM (heart rate monitor) or fitbit to see exactly how many calories you are burning from your job. this will also help you determine your activity level.

if you are burning more than 500 calories during your shift, you probably only then need to do 30 mins or so of weight training & another 10-20 mins of cardio.

also, watch what you eat....make sure you are eating more protein & fiber & less sweet treats
  • bsharrah
    bsharrah Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    A hrm will not help to determine calorie burn while at work. They aren't designed for that. Can't comment on the fitbit though. Don't know that much about them.