Stupid question.

LeeM86
LeeM86 Posts: 124 Member
I didn't know where to post this, but well...

I'm a fashion lover, and one of the things I'm looking forward to when I'm thinner is to wear some clothes that I don't like how look on me right now. One of the things I have noticed in the last years (as I put weight on) is how hard it got to use certain types of high heels.

I feel awkward asking this, but, has this happened to other girls too?

As a teenager (when I was way thinner) I used to love high heels and I could literally run marathons with them. But in the last years I really can't stand wearing most of the high heel shoes I like. My feet hurt so much and I get so tired.

I guess it is because when we use high heels it's like walking on tippy toes and the weight doesn't help.

I know this is stupid, but it made me feel like (again) I missing out on some things only because my body isn't healthy and my weight stops me from doing things I want.

(And now I will hide because I really feel stupid asking this, but I'm curious)

Replies

• Don't feel stupid!! I gave up on heels long ago and it's something I look forward to getting back into when I lose the weight. In fact, my feet have gotten horrible... just walking for a long time gives me so much pain. I've lost 20 so far and I've noticed a HUGE difference already, so I can't wait to put on a pair of heels again!!
  • saw1969
    saw1969 Posts: 19 Member
    Yes my feet really burn when I wear high heels now so I only wear them on a night out and start to moan about if as the night goes on. :smile:
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    I've been overweight all my life and scorned heels for what they did to my feet. My ankles couldn't take the weight and the balls of my feet would start to ache quickly.

Now that I'm in a healthy weight range I find that they're so much easier to wear.
  • cjmas
    cjmas Posts: 63
    As a teenager (when I was way thinner) I used to love high heels and I could literally run marathons with them

Wow, most people can't run marathons at all, let alone in high heels!

In any event, one of my friends was a physical therapist (she's in nursing school now), and she told me that one pound of fat puts four pounds of pressure on your knees. I haven't verified that information, but regardless: it makes intuitive sense that the heavier you are, the more painful high heels would be.
  • MrsPeavley
    MrsPeavley Posts: 143 Member
    I constantly feel like me weight places limitations on me! The sad part is I did it to myself. I love heels and dressing up but like you my toes hurt so bad I cant stand to wear them! Here is to high heels and tight short dresses ;)
  • TraceAT
    TraceAT Posts: 54 Member
    Here is to high heels and tight short dresses ;)

*raises glass* cheers