Yummy low calorie recipes and snacks?

Options
HELP?!
I get pretty bored eating the same things over and over again but I keep doing it because they are low in calories. Anyone want to share what their favourite meal or snack is? Looking for snacks that are 100 cals or less and meals that are 300 cals or less...

My favourite low cal meal is 1/2 cup of whole grain rice, and I cook 7 baby carrots, 1/2 bok choy, 1/2 med onion, 1 tsp of soya sauce, 1/2 sweet green pepper.. and sometimes I will add a large egg fried in extra virgin olive oil and cut up into tiny tiny pieces to go on the bed of rice..... This meal is VERY filling and around 300-350 cals. And my favourite snack lately is Kernels popcorn, the crazy ketchup or dill, for 1 cup it is just over 50 calories.

I love veggies and fruit... so anything I can make with that would be great!

Replies

• pink_butterfly
    Options
    :smile: .
    Really hoping for something interesting and good!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I just made an filling meal of Vietnamese rice paper rolls. The way I made it it was 178 calories for three of them.

I made up my own recipe with artificial crab (I've made them before), but they're similar to this:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Shrimp-Rice-Paper-Rolls-with-Vietnamese-Dipping-Sauce-107683

I used raw bok choy, kale, and mung bean sprouts with artifical crab. I served them with dipping sauce I made from a plum and some fresh pineapple and onion. It took 15 minutes. My son and husband love them.
  • pink_butterfly
    Options
    I just made an filling meal of Vietnamese rice paper rolls. The way I made it it was 178 calories for three of them.

I made up my own recipe with artificial crab (I've made them before), but they're similar to this:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Shrimp-Rice-Paper-Rolls-with-Vietnamese-Dipping-Sauce-107683

I used raw bok choy, kale, and mung bean sprouts with artifical crab. I served them with dipping sauce I made from a plum and some fresh pineapple and onion. It took 15 minutes. My son and husband love them.

Thank you! Sounds yummy, I will definitely try that!

Here is one I saw someone post on FB today... going to try it also!!
    Lettuce Wraps: Apples, Chicken & Grapes in Lettuce: 1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken breast, 3 tablespoons chopped Fuji apple, 2 tablespoons chopped black or red grapes, 2 tablespoons Almond Butter, 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons honey, Iceberg lettuce.

Here is link to picture. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151107583590390&set=a.10150276056280390.377737.322157245389&type=1&theater
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    smoked salmon or roast beef roll ups, I love them.

Take a salmon or roast beef slice, put a bit of mustard or feta cheese, and roll it around spinach or lettuce, a couple of slices of bell pepper and celery. 2 oz of salmon is about 100 cals, and the rest has almost no calories. I think I could eat this every night!
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    my favorite low cal meals/snacks:

tuna wraps in romaine lettuce. tuna, pickles, olives, artichoke spread, hummus instead of mayo, a light drizzle of mustard and voila. i usually add some shredded spinach in for extra filling.

low carb tortillas & eggs

low carb tortilla quesadillas with mushrooms & spinach & colby jack
  • kellyreynolds14
    Options
    this is a very filling snack / meal. You have to eat it hot or it doesn't taste that good. This makes a ton so you can just refrigerate it then heat it up in the microwave when ready to eat a serving:

Oatmeal soup (makes about 8 servings (172 gram/serving):
    3 cups chopped celery
    4-1/2 cups almond milk (the 60 cal/cup version, non flavored)
    1-1/2 cups rolled oats
    2 tsp vanilla extract / flavoring
    1 cup frozen berry mix (per serving)

In a medium saucepan, bring almond milk to a boil. Add celery; boil for 1 minute. Stir in oats, simmer for at least 5 minutes. I usually let it sit until the oatmeal gets very thick (I tend to let it refrigerate overnight before I eat it). When ready to eat, spoon about 172grams over 1 cup of frozen berry mix and microwave until warmed through. The way I make it is 170 calories per serving and it is very filling. You could easily double this serving size for a larger meal, or add something different to it. It is great for breakfast.
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit (I love apples and peaches!)
    Greek yogurt mixed with berries with a little honey/cinnamon
    Serving of almonds, cashews, or walnuts
    Cheese sticks (mozarella, colby jack, pepperjack...)
    Celery sticks with peanut butter
    Laughing Cow Cheese with whole wheat crackers
    Jerky
    Tuna/sardines

I also make a big batch of quesedillas at the beginning of the month usually. (Haven't made any this month because haven't made it to the store!) Whole wheat tortillas, black beans, red onions, cilantro, sometimes jalapenos, corn and cheese made up, then frozen and heated up when needed. The ones I make are usually about 300 calories, and then I add hot sauce like Tapatio (zero calories) on top.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options

Thank you! Sounds yummy, I will definitely try that!

Here is one I saw someone post on FB today... going to try it also!!
    Lettuce Wraps: Apples, Chicken & Grapes in Lettuce: 1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken breast, 3 tablespoons chopped Fuji apple, 2 tablespoons chopped black or red grapes, 2 tablespoons Almond Butter, 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons honey, Iceberg lettuce.

Here is link to picture. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151107583590390&set=a.10150276056280390.377737.322157245389&type=1&theater

My husband makes those all the time, although we use cabbage leaves instead of lettuce. They are great. You can use jicama and chicken and onions (with raisins) if you want instead. We dip them in duck sauce.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Here are a long list of snacks I posted in my blog. Good stuff :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Lect/view/the-snacks-i-eat-the-most-189226
  • zozzabubba
    zozzabubba Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Make a tinfoil wrap :)
    I use chopped tomato, broccoli, peppers, cauliflower, onion, carrots and anything else I can find in my kitchen, along with herbs, a little salt and LOTS of garlic...mix that all together with half a chopped up chicken breast (or whole) and a tbsp (or more...I use more...) of pesto, wrap the lot in tinfoil and put it in the oven for 20ish mins...all cooks together and absorbs flavours, especially the pesto flavour hehe.
    That in itself is a super filling meal (using the whole chicken breast), but you could also put it with some wholegrain toast or pasta or in a wholegrain tortilla wrap and probably still be under the 300 calories if you only use the half chicken breast.
    I make this A LOT!
  • mulcahya
    mulcahya Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Double chocolate chip cookies!

I found a recipe where each cookie is only 49 calories. Cookies may be small but they are so filling and the flavour is great! Posted in my blog :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mulcahya
  • indiawastaken
    indiawastaken Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have found some really great recipes on Pinterest. Also the website 'shrinkingkitchen' has some great meal plans & includes all the nutritional info.
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Search in the Community: triple chocolate chunk muffin. These are fabulous, easy to make, and mine are only 85 calories each. I sue egg beaters and carob unsweetened chips.