What are some great tasting protein shakes and/or bars?

124»

Replies

• stina0t2
    stina0t2 Posts: 62 Member
    I'd be interested to hear what people are using for vegan, gluten free protein supplements. I've been using Vega, which tastes great but is pretty pricey.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Premier Protein Shakes and bars as well as Pure Protein Bars.

Just watch the bars and they have alot more calories than the shakes.

FYI for a poster above......

Protein shakes are a great way to boost your protein. Protein along with fiber and water help you stay fuller long and build lean muscle!!!

Best Of Luck!!!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Premier Protein Shakes and bars as well as Pure Protein Bars.

Just watch the bars and they have alot more calories than the shakes.

FYI for a poster above......

Protein shakes are a great way to boost your protein. Protein along with fiber and water help you stay fuller long and build lean muscle!!!

Best Of Luck!!!

If that was directed towards me... um, thanks?! :huh:

I think I have a handle on the role of protein, and have no trouble consuming high amounts of it either. I think you misunderstood my question.
  • TeriLynnSpano
    TeriLynnSpano Posts: 103 Member
    Bump for later:tongue:
  • endlesoul
    endlesoul Posts: 98 Member
    If you are having By-pass surgery, you NEED Whey Isolate, It is more easily absorbed (faster) by the body so you get more of it. You should join a forum like Thinnertimes and learn from people who know. Most here don't know anything about what you will need. You can friend me if you want and I'll help you out.

You should check out what is best for by-pass surgery. This advice that you were given by addict3 is worth checking out.

http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/forum/132-vitamins-supplements-and-protein-drinks/
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    I started my weight loss journey 2 years ago with GNLD GR2 CONTROL, it's actually considered a meal replacement, they have vanilla and chocolate, both are good but I prefer vanilla...1 serving has 120 cals, 18 gr of protein, 0 gr of sugar, and 1/3 of all the minimun daily requirements of nutrients, including all 23 required amino acids the body needs....it is not sold in stores, you have to find a distributer, or online, and if you want, you can become a distributer, and get the product at discount....I buy by the case, and get 6 cans for the price of 5....it is very tasty..soy based...(I have tryed a few product that were made with whey, and I didn't like them at all....in the last 2 years, I have had 1 per day, in the morning (not hungry til lunch, sometimes longer)..and then eat sensibly the rest of the day...I have lost 30 lbs in that time....

lately I have added Ensure High Protein shake for the added protein...I got the HOMEMADE VANILLA, it has 25 gr protein, low fat, 5 gr sugar, and tastes really good...14 fl ounces, and 210 cals...I recently added extra because of a recently diagnosed digestive disorder...that apparently goes back maybe 10 years...

anyway, I hope this helps you