Need Help

Options
My calorie intake is 1210 a day, but I keep going over with the protein and fat..any suggestions?

Tay

Replies

• BHORN
    Options
    try adding alot more fruit and lean deli meats like turkey. Extra protein will help you build muscle; it's the fat you have to watch. Still being able to keep caloric intake below 1300 consistantly takes self discipline.......good job.
    Benita
  • igmom
    igmom Posts: 90
    Options
    I changed my carb/protein/fat split to 40/30/30 in my MFP goals because this split works best for my body. If I used the default MFP split, I would have the same problem you're having.
  • jonathanmcurry
    Options
    don't worry about going over on protein, that's a good thing. and as long as you're still within your calorie range even if you go over on fat it's fine. the main fact about weight loss that seems to get pushed aside is that it's all about calories in vs calories out. fat will fill you up and make things taste better. i don't even care about my fat intake, i always try and stay under but i'm never worried where it sits. i just look at protein and total calories.
  • brwnsgr
    Options
    igmom

How do I go in and make that switch?
  • cheshirekat
    cheshirekat Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yeah its no biggie to go over on protein, or fat really as long as you are eating healthy fat (ie not processed, not from animal products... examples nuts, seeds, avocado, olive oil) This kind of fat is actually good for your heart and cholesterol.

You could also eat a vegetarian meal or two a week for a healthy body and planet :smile: