Newbie from Dallas tired of the roller coaster

Options
Hi everyone,

I started keeping a food diary here a couple weeks ago and stopped for a week, then got this email from the website encouraging me to keep going and suggesting this community for more support. This impressed me enough and gave me a little hope that maybe this site would actually be more beneficial than I thought. Though I'm missing a big component to the weight loss/fitness dynamic, the stickability gene, I'm hoping with continued support and motivation maybe I can recognize those factors that trip me up after just a week of working towards a goal. I'm also trying to do the P90X, but so far I've "started" the program at least 5 times and never lasted more than a week into it.

If anyone has tips for perseverance and self-discipline I'm open-ears. This acutal starting and stopping is really starting to get me down and even though I would like to be healthy, tone and eating right...something isn't clicking to MAKE me commit. I appreciate ya'll for being here and am already inspired by so many stories I've read.

Thanks for the time :)

Am2009

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Am,

Welcome to MFP! It is definitely one of the best websites in the world. One way to get motivated is to join a group on the forums. It gives you some accountability in that you have to tell some people how you are doing. So long as you are honest with yourself and the group, you will see results!

If you are on the market for a group, you are more than welcome to join A New Me in the General Diet and Weight Loss section. :wink:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. :smile:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    wow is that u in the picture? u look great. if thats ur goal, well i couldn't think of a better goal..
    on p90x i can tell u i did it off and on side by side with my bf. except he STUCK to it, and stuck to the diet as well and he looks hot! lol I was so disappointed in myself becuz I didn't do the diet or anywhere close to a diet, and I only did 80% of the workouts. Seeing him made me realize that if I had only COMMITTED I would have seen results like he did.

So I'll tell you as a P90x participate, DO IT AND U WILL SEE RESULTS.

Best advice: Take it one day at a time. Oh and if you can, get the recovery shake, they are DELISH and that was my motivation for each work out, it was like my prize at the end of the day. so yummy
  • Am2009
    Am2009 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks Nolachick. You're reasons for being fit are parallel to mine and I appreciate you sharing your P90X story. My boyfriend is a fitness buff as well and he looks great, another motivator to keep me off my butt and making progress :) If you ever wanna give the X another try, let me know and we can hold each other accountable.

Thanks for the post!!