Wearing makeup while working out: YAY or NAY?

Options
13»

Replies

• KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    I only wear make-up if I'm going out to the bar and want to look good, or on special occasions. I like the natural look. When I do put on make-up, I use it to enhance my features, not cover anything up. I am who I am made to be, and I'm not going to spend the time every day to wear it. Plus it's money I could be spending on something else that's worth my time instead.
  • AmberBucsis
    Options
    Absolute NAY for me. Dont see the point.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    If I am working out after work or school, I leave it on. If I am just waking up, I don't put anything on.

Same. The only time I have put on makeup before a workout intentionally were days when I felt like my skin was looking spotty from acne. Sweated it off anyway of course. Luckily my skin is better now and this is not a concern for me.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    <--- this is the makeup I wear to the Y everyday :p
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    Definitely a NAY, if I have it on, I clean it off. Pores will be open and getting sweat in them, I do not want makeup getting into my pores and getting my skin all pimply. I like to let my skin breathe for my workout. I rarely wear makeup anyway, but I for sure do not wear it during my workout.
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I just use CLINIQUE CITY BLOCK spf 40 every day -
  • sarabluebell
    sarabluebell Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    NO WAY...i need my sweat to come out of my body...not be plugged up
  • tdp8700
    tdp8700 Posts: 24
    Options
    I don't wear makeup unless it's a special event and I want to wow the hubby so no doesn't need to be on while I'm sweating and panting and such. Besides I get this "Oh wow I'm gonna die" glow on my face when I'm doing it right. Sexy enough right? :laugh:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    If I'm already wearing makeup, then yes, I wear it to workout. I'm not going to wash it off just because it upsets others. But I don't put on makeup to go to the gym specifically.

I'm not sure why people care so much about this.
  • natasha150
    natasha150 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    interesting to read everyone's posts... i am like the OP and have always worn makeup. I still do even though it runs and i have to re-apply after gym but cant imagine turning up to anywhere social sans made up. the horror!!!!

lucky for me that i dont break out despite this. my skin must have gotten used to it :)
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    NAY that would irritate my face.. If I wear make up I'd want to check the mirror every second to see if it smeared all over my face or not. I don't wear anything, I just wake up around 6.00am and go straight to the gym.. I even skip brushing my teeth and wait till I come back home or shower :bigsmile: But then again.. I only wear make up on special outtings..
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    NO WAY...i need my sweat to come out of my body...not be plugged up

AMEN
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I don't wear make up in the first place.
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I only go with makeup if its makeup I didn't wash off the night before (Bad, I know. At least it's mainly gone by that time). I used to go in makeup but it made my skin break out and I noticed I would sweat AROUND my face since the sweat couldn't get passed my foundation, so that's probably bad.
  • sleonardbranson
    Options
    Never..I would be a mess...makeup + sweat = YUCK
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I usually work out right after work, so I have makeup on.. somewhat.

I don't wear much anyway.. (tinted moisturizer, concealer, eye stuff, and lip gloss) and I touch my face a lot. So, by 5:00, there's really very little left.

I sweat so much, that I really wouldn't wear it to workout otherwise, I am generally drenched afterwards.