The Good vs. The Bad

Options
The good:

After getting back on track, even with a week of vacation, I am starting to notice small differences in my body. My calves, thighs, and hips especially. The consistent cardio work is starting to bring out toned muscles and also naturally smaller measurements.....ok, so it's tiny, and minor, and possibly I'm the only one who can tell the difference...I'm hanging on here.

Also, my energy levels are remaining fairly consistent throughout the day and I'm starting to get to a point where I almost look forward to my workouts. I'm still procrastinating a bit each day, but once I get walking to the gym, the endorphins already start to kick in.

The bad:

I am frustrated...I could swear that in the process my stomach is getting larger. I recognize that diet is part of this and although I am managing to keep the calories under control number wise, I still have plenty of work to do in my food choices. But seriously, why can't some of the excess weight around my stomach go away? I would really appreciate some kind of difference. The fact that I can't see any changes there is really bringing me down.

So what do you say MFP? Any words of encouragement for me? I'll be honest, I could really use them right now.

Replies

• jkr12
    jkr12 Posts: 31
    Options
    It sounds stupid but seriously- just don't let it.

You're having great achievements everywhere else. Don't let one stubborn area sabotage you. Keep on keepin' on.

Eventually, although it seems like forever, it'll go.

You're really doing great!