new exercise ideas?

Options
i've been slowing down my weight loss recently and i believe its because ive hit my plateau. can you guys give me some new exercise ideas? currently i'm walking for 20 mins, then usuing an elliptical machine for 20 to 30 mins, and then using a video at home for another 20 mins. i've only been doing the elliptical for about 2 weeks so im hoping i can still do that since i like how many calories i burn. any ideas to help speed up my weight loss again? i've only been losing a pound a week. and i know thats okay and healthy but i dont want to take another 6 months i lose the last of my weight. any ideas?! :smile: :smile: :flowerforyou:

thanks everyone!
Ariel

Replies

• BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Does that video contain strength training? If not, adding some strength training to boost your metaboloism would be my suggestion.

Best of Luck! & congrats on the weight loss!
  • aabelein
    aabelein Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    thank you! i still want to lose another 25 pounds, but i've lost 30 so i dont have as much to lose as i aleady have! so im happy about that! i'll def. add some strenght training. i do have some 5 pounds weights lieing somewhere in my apartment! :smile: :laugh:
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    yes, you need some muscle. i love the frim tape.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Here's a work out I do that I put together combining ideas on this website.

I combine the 100 PU, 200 SI, 200 Squat challenge into one work out.
    Do the initial tests for where you need to be on each section.

I do the PU workout, then immediatly go to the SI WO, and immediatly to the squat work out.
    Then repeat 4 times, with about 90 second break in between rounds. It takes about a half hour and I gp to muscle failure each time.

I think it's a better cardio WO than C25K. At least it was last night.
  • shellybelly83
    Options
    Definitely strength training. Try a video, the only one I've done is Jillian Michaels Shred, it has strength training, cardio, and abs.

And for cardio, try doing short (1 min or so) spurts of increased speed. Like whle walkng maybe jog for a minute, then walk 3 during your entire workout. On the elliptical, speed up for a minute, then go back to the speed you were before. This is a great way to get through plateus.
  • elysetoplin
    Options
    going along with shellybelly83's advice, you could also increase the resistance or change the program on your elliptical so that it's still giving you as good of a workout as it originally did.
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Shellybelly83...great advice about interval training. I just read an article about all the studies that show you burn more calories while working out and also continue to burn them after you stop your workout when you do intervals vs steady state cardio. I think I found the link to the info by just putting into google "high intensity interval training" and then picked the article from bodybuilder.com (don't be scared off by the name...there's some great basic info there).
  • aabelein
    aabelein Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    that sounds like a great idea! :) thank you!!