RUNNERS! Plz come in, need shoe advice

Options
2»

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,649 Member
    Options
    re: vibram 5 fingers shoes: - studies show that most people that are having those injuries didn't properly get themselves trained into running with them before going their usual mileage. that's really an important thing to do with those shoes, they also don't buy the right size which can make them trip if their not careful. when i bought mine at REI, they measured me for them and we thought we had the right size but after a couple of months, they just didn't feel right, found that i was wearing one size too big, exchanged them now i'm good.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    My wife has been running for over 25 years. She will only wear Saucony. (She's run 8 marathons and countless halves.) She says that Saucony runs a little wide, which is good for wider feet, and allows for swelling while running. Make sure to go to a specialty running store where they can give you proper advice. Also, most runners she knows buys running shoes 1/2 size bigger than every day shoes. Good luck!

Saucony here too, I love them.

I defintiely recommend anybody getting their running gait analysed and then fitted for the correct shoes. It can save so much injury and heartache, it is worth its weight in gold.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    oh, and I know this is old wives tale-ish, but my son had plantars faciiatis when he was a kid, we tried all the normal remedies, even checked with his doc and nothing helped, he spend a week at my mom's and it was gone... I asked what the heck she did and she said oh I take Japanese eggplant ( the skinny kind) and cut the stem and rub the cut part of the stem on it several times a day.

All I know is it's never come back O.O crazy sounding? heck yea... but lol worth a try in my opinion :)

LOL dunno about crazy sounding, sounds like a damn good plan to try if you ask me, sufferers have absolutely nothing to lose and it may help it into the bargain!!