What 3 "healthy" meals do you make often?

Options
2»

Replies

• vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    1. Homemade Mushrooms in Oyster Sauce with Fine egg Noodles
    2. Chicken Enchillades - Chicken/veg wrapped in hovis square wrap, chopped tomatoes over top
    3. Chicken Breast, Jacket potato, philly garlic and herb, vegetables
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    bump these meals sound amazing :D
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    Mushroomy Turkey Burgers (no bun) with a large spinach salad
    Quinoa/Turkey loaf with Baked Grains or African Beans and Potatoes on the side
    Egg Cup
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas
  • nataliexxxx
    nataliexxxx Posts: 262
    Options
    salad with tuna, salmon or chicken
    rice
    jacket potato and beans
  • EvaJ20
    EvaJ20 Posts: 33
    Options
    scallops with a sesame ginger sauce (also I add lots of spinach)-YUM and only 136 calories
    panko crusted chicken with arugula (Bobby Flay's recipe)
    zucchini pizza (which I just have one slice and give my husband the majority of the pizza) :)

Also any recipe I find on skinnytaste.com is usually DELICIOUS! :)
  • chelbel89
    chelbel89 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    1.) Rotisserie Chicken Salad....Spring mix lettuce, rotisserie chicken breast, a couple croutons, carrots, onions, tomatoes, zucchini and cucumber....YUM!!! (I am happily surprised to find myself LOVING salads lately!)

2.) Vegetable Beef Soup, with Lean Ground Beef.... Only 1/2 lb beef, and TONS of veggies!

3.) Eatingwell Mini Meatloaf....Again, lean ground beef, onions, red bell pepper, and panko bread crumbs, put into muffin pans to make sure to portion control this yummy dish, each one has only 184 calories!!!
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Chicken pasta in tomato sauce

Steak

Omelette consisting of 4 eggs and 2 chopped up big chicken breasts
  • Jodi_83
    Jodi_83 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    1) red lentil dal... It is Uh-MAZING!!! http://edenkitchen.com/red-lentil-dahl/

2) Chickpea burgers... A million times better than any veggie burger out there http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2011/10/colleens-chickpea-burgers-with-tahini-sauce.html

3) This super healthy chili http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2012/01/healthy-super-bowl-party-chili.html

YUMM!! .. My kind of Yummies! thankyou!
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    1. Turkey Burgers
    2. Chicken with brown rice
    3. Egg White omlette with some sort of cheese or meat
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    1.) Prime Rib with a balsamic reduction and gorgonzola crumbles on top, freshly steamed spinach
    2.) Chicken w/my homemade red-currant carolina BBQ sauce (mustard-based) with steamed zukes and roasted red peppers w/gahhhhhlic
    3.) Czechoslovakian Meatballs served with a very savory-herby sauce, smothered in strips of roasted portabella mushrooms and artichokes...

mmmmmmmmm
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have been making a batch of 3 meals at a time.. salady things..

:smile: Grill a few medium turkey steaks, (or chicken.. (chop to bite size) Or a can of tuna, in brine, not oil)

Chopped: .. Salad onions, Radishes, Cucumber, Cherry Toms, chop them up small.. cook Quinoa (YUM!) enough for 3 (small) servings.. .. then portion it in 3 containers.. fling the chopped veggies into each.. throw in the meat/tuna a few dashes of Hot sauce.. and If you love garlic (like me!) .. a little squeeze of garlic puree .. quick stir, lid on. Fridge. (Oh! Sometimes I throw in a few spoons of chick peas too)

I LOVE that meal.. it tastes sooooooo good!.. nice and healthy, and sooo filling!

:smile: Turkey Meatballs... Minced (ground) turkey, squeeze of tom pureee, chopped onion, herbs, hot sauce? whatever you want.. Roll into balls. fry with 'Fri light' .. (or similar).. just enough to stop them sticking to the pan. . Serve with a small portion of brown rice (YUM!) .. or brown pasta/spaghetti. (or Quinoa or salad!)

:smile: .. Quick lunch soup, barely any cals! ..

1 Can of Tomatoes .. (61 cals for the whole tin approx) ..
    Throw them in the blender.. 2 cloves of garlic (take the skins off ;) ..
    I chuck in 8? basil leaves.. (you could use dried herbs, or none at all? .. dash of hot sauce maybe?)
    Squirt of Tom Puree. (10cals?) ..

WHizz the blender.. then tip into a saucepan to cook (heat up really) ..
    IFFF you want.. you could sprinkle a tiny bit of grated (shredded?) cheese on the top when its in the bowl..

serve with your fave lo cal bread.. Weight Watchers Wholemeal Danish (45 cals slices) .. x2 ..

Those are 3 of my 'Go to's' ..
  • elifmemis
    elifmemis Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Indian cabbage stir fry with mustard seed and turmeric powder (this is the hardest because of the mustard seeds)

Fasulye (Turkish String Bean, tomato and olive oil)
    http://www.cuisineculinaire.com/forums/veggies/8787-string-beans-tomatoes-olive-oil-turkish-cuisine.html

Turkish Kofte with ground turkey (my daughter's favorite)
    Ground Turkey Breast 1lb
    Eggs - Whole, raw, 1 large
    Progresso - Bread Crumbs, Italian Style, 0.5 cup
    Parsley - Raw, 0.5 cup
    Onions - Raw, 0.5 cup, chopped
    Bake both sides 15-20min
  • velsbree
    velsbree Posts: 69
    Options
    bump for later
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    1) chicken and chorizo stew thing with rice or potatoes or if I've had too many carbs by itself or with cauliflower. Both kids eat this without complaining and even I don't tend to get bored of it.

2) kofte (meatball) curry - made with turkey mince. With rice.

3) roast dinner - every sunday. Usually beef or chicken. I alternate the sides as I get bored otherwise. More portion control than really healthy but they're not too bad.

I get bored with cooking/eating the same things all the time so I try new recipes a lot (usually at least 2 a week).
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    bump
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Foil salmon (salmon fillet, 1 tsp butter, a whole lemon and a sprinkle of salt wrapped up and done on the bbq) w/ salad and garlic toast.

Smoothies with frozen fruit, coconut water, hemp seeds and spinach

grilled chicken on the bbq with grilled zuchini, peppers and onions, and maybe garlic toast or potatoes.
  • swkittrell
    swkittrell Posts: 48
    Options
    Saving for later. Lots of great ideas!
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    bump for later