Eating Too Much Fat

Options
Hi Everyone..
just wanted to know if you had any ideas, of favorite low fat or fat free foods, snacks, dinners, breakfast idea's!
i am eating far to much fat, and don't always like the taste of fat free.. I feel like i'm always eating the same foods, so I'm just looking for something new to add to the list..
thanks again!

Replies

• BossyGirl
    BossyGirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I suggest eating less of your fatty foods.
    I suggest yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, skim milk, cereal
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    for breakfast , lunch, dinner and snack I will wat this at any meal. Thomas's english muffin multi grain, 1/4 c SW eggbeaters,FF cheese slice. low fat and filling
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    How many grams do you eat in a day? Just out of curiosity.
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    hummus and raw veggies is one of my favorites, freash fruit, carrots. Something else that will cure a craving with me especially during colder weather is to make a cup of chicken bouillon with hot water and drink it like a tea. May sound weird but, it's low calories and it satisfies a salt craving.
  • shadowsandgloss
    Options
    fat free cottage cheese with pepper. i cant taste the difference.
  • shellybelly83
    Options
    Don't eat packaged foods. Stick to lean meats, veggies, fruits, low fat dary, good carbs like whole grain bread, brown rice, etc. Clean eating is the best way to go- just watch portion sizes. You do need good fats to lose weight- olive oil, nuts, salmon, olives, etc. Just ditch the bad fats.
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You do need good fats to lose weight- olive oil, nuts, salmon, olives, etc. Just ditch the bad fats.

Dont forget avacados! Love them!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Or you could change your ratios to 40% carbs 35% fat; 25% protein. Sometimes I eat two servings of nuts (which are healthy fat) and it would ruin me for the day (if I actually cared enough to watch fat). So I just changed my ratios and now I am fine
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    It takes fat to burn fat!!!!!

My diet consists of almost 60% fat per day.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I think avoiding take out and junk food is the first big step in reducing fat intake. Fruit smoothies are awesome and fat free. Lean sandwich meats with mustard on a whole grain tortilla is a great low-fat option for a sandwich. For a snack, I love whole grain Vegetable Thins crackers with a bit of low-fat cheese. A delicious low-fat dinner- oven baked boneless, skinless chicken breast with a crispy coating, brown rice and carrots or add the crispy chicken to your favorite salad.
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    Or you could change your ratios to 40% carbs 35% fat; 25% protein. Sometimes I eat two servings of nuts (which are healthy fat) and it would ruin me for the day (if I actually cared enough to watch fat). So I just changed my ratios and now I am fine

You're right. The default ratios for fat and protein are pretty darn low here.