scale won't move :(

Options
Before joining MFP I had already lost 20 pounds just by eating right and cutting late night snacks. But I plateaued in my weight loss and find it difficult to loose those last 20 pounds...I subscribed at the gym 2 weeks ago and went 4 times a week for 40 minutes on the elliptical and for some reason it doesn't seem to do the trick. Perhaps it is not enough . My scale won't move. I've only lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks :( I'M afraid that I will just give up because I don't see results. I'M sad and mad at the same time. Please help. Feel free to give me some advice. thanks. :)

Replies

• jessthib09
    jessthib09 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    have you been taking measurements? That is usually were a lot of the changes happen. Don't give up! You are doing great. Also, make sure you are eating enough.

Good Luck! Keep it up :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    2lbs in 2 weeks is a great result! The closer we get to our goal, the slower the weight comes off. Plus we retain water and glycogen when starting a new workout program.
  • honestykay
    honestykay Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would try weight lifting. It has really helped me! Don't give up!!! I agree 2 pounds in 2 weeks is good. Also I agree take measurements.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I've noticed the weight loss is slowing down the closer I get to my goal. The only thing I do is try to change up my routine, increase calories, and go by the advice I read from other members on here who have been in my shoes. Hopefully the scale moves for you soon!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the first 20 lbs! And I agree with the others, 1 lb a week is great! As your body has changed, likely it's needs have changed. Check out this topic - tons of great info on figuring it all out: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Great resource and has helped me and lots of other MFP members break through plateaus and reach their goals.